gunze 135 flat russian green equivalent

lesthegringo

Gents, my son is building a KV2 tank, and it calls out Gunze 135 flat russian green, however the only local seller has just closed, and the online seller does not have any stock. I would normally resort to seeing what is the closest alternative MM, Humbrol or Tamiya colour, but as I don't have the jar to compare I'm stuck.

Can you suggest a similar colour from those ranges mentioned? Super accuracy not essential, but a reasonable match would be good - weathering will hide any slight errors!

Thanks guys

Les

Edited by lesthegringo

Hi Les,

For me finding Gunze Mr. Color equivalents has been difficult. Next try to get a good colour match for Russian 4BO is the same as IDF sand grey or WW2 German Dark Yellow; however, from everything that I have found a good match green is either FS35096 mixing Tamiya as follows:

34098 -- Cougar/Grizzly/Husky -- XF67 NATO Green:3 parts + XF59 Dessert Yellow:2 parts.

34096 -- Dark Green XF61 Dark Green:4 parts + XF2 White:1 part.

I feel that FS 34098 may be closer to the colour but I’m happy to be mocked.

Alternates are for 34096:
Humbrol 30, Lifecolor UA054 or Model Master 1786;

Alternates are for 34098:
Lifecolor UA138

Hope this helps.

David

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2016 at 6:46 AM, lesthegringo said:

Gents, my son is building a KV2 tank, and it calls out Gunze 135 flat russian green, however the only local seller has just closed, and the online seller does not have any stock. I would normally resort to seeing what is the closest alternative MM, Humbrol or Tamiya colour, but as I don't have the jar to compare I'm stuck.

Can you suggest a similar colour from those ranges mentioned? 

Sorry I'm writing now, but I just read this topic yesterday. Here is the color Gunze

135 in the bottle:

20181224-192623.jpg

This enamel did not open from the model shop and dried two years after the date of purchase. Yes, I have a special liquid to restore the dried enamels. But nonetheless.

As for the equivalent, I do not know yet. I will try to see what colors can be close, but it seems to me that this is not a Russian tank color. Yes, the color of many tanks of monuments on pedestals is similar to this, perhaps there are some modern tanks in such colors, but I think this color is too bright.

As for my, this colour close to Russian aircraft radome green...

I hope this will help those who will have similar questions on Gunze 135!

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

For Russian tanks 

Gunze maked special enamel  4BO two version's:

C511-mr.color-russian-green-4bo-wwii-fla

56131-large_default.jpg