'Enemy at the gate' or 'For you little piggy, the war is over'

Badder

31 minutes ago, dreadeddrew said:

Shame you missed the deadline Badder,it looks great.........bet those two Wehrmacht lads are going to be in trouble when the SS catch up with them for knicking their sidecar combo!!:winkgrin:

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.... Lesson learned, and I've forgiven the wife! And yes, You are correct, they did steal the combo!

Badder

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

Commiserations on the last minute hiccup Badder ;)!

I have to say though, it's a very impressive vignette.  Congratulations.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. Believe me, I am kicking myself.

Badder

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, dreadeddrew said:

I was just thinking myself today that I wish I could create lifelike leaves...... what would be useful is a leaf punch in the style of RPToolz punch & die set. I know it'd be time consuming & fiddly,but I think we're all used to that! You could have individual punches of different types of leaves in different scales,what material to use though? If you painted a sheet of paper in various leaf colours & then punched the leaves,the edges would be white,maybe coloured card or blotting paper to soak up the colours??.......but I digress,looking forward to seeing this finished Badder.

All the best,

Andrew

Sorry to drag the thread slightly OT. Have a look at Green Stuff World, they have a range of leaf punches in various scales and species, all colour coded, As to materials, have you considered using actual dried leaves?

Badder: congrats on a very impressive dio, and sorry to hear about the little hiccup at the end. I think I'm going to have to try your foliage technique, it looks great.

Edited by bull-nut
  • Like 1

Hi Badder. I am really sorry that this project didn't make it to the gallery in time. It does look truly excellent!! You certainly are one of the leaders of scenic modelling on BM and I will check out your photos in the diorama section soon.  :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bull-nut said:

Sorry to drag the thread slightly OT. Have a look at Green Stuff World, they have a range of leaf punches in various scales and species, all colour coded, As to materials, have you considered using actual dried leaves?

Thanks for that bull-nut,that's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of........cheers!

Andrew

• Like 1

Having been away,  I've missed this taking shape. Nice work Badder, in some previous GB the hosts have opened the gallery in these occasions.:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bull-nut said:

Badder: congrats on a very impressive dio, and sorry to hear about the little hiccup at the end. I think I'm going to have to try your foliage technique, it looks great.

Thanks  Bull-nut, much appreciated.

As for using actual dried leaves there's not any I can think of that would be of any use. They'd all be too fragile and not to scale. I do use crushed herbs (chervil, dil, basil) and tea leaves as a sprinkled-on foliage though. Paper punches are definitely something I will look at though so thanks for the link..

The snowflake punch I have will do for ivy, although obviously all the 'leaves' are of an identical size. I cut mine out and glued them in place with CA before I painted them. I found it most easy to have the leaves in a saucer. I used a cocktail stick to dab CA onto the area required, then another cocktail stick to pick up a leaf.... licking the end of the cocktail stick aided this... then transferred the leaf onto the CA. DON'T MIX THE TWO COCKTAIL STICKS UP AS I CAN ASSURE YOU CA ON THE LIPS DOESN'T FEEL NICE!:blink:

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Badder. I am really sorry that this project didn't make it to the gallery in time. It does look truly excellent!! You certainly are one of the leaders of scenic modelling on BM and I will check out your photos in the diorama section soon.  :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix. Thanks very much.  I'm not sure I'm one of the 'leaders', but I'm not a mimic either. I do try my own 'thing'.

As for missing the deadline, I was silly not to have realised that the gallery would close at midnight. I assumed that as long as photos were uploaded to the WIP by midnight then they could go in the Gallery. As it was, I missed both!

Lesson learned.

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Having been away,  I've missed this taking shape. Nice work Badder, in some previous GB the hosts have opened the gallery in these occasions.:)

Hi Ozzy, thanks. Next time I'll give myself plenty of time! For such a small thing, this vignette was actually very time consuming!

7 hours ago, giemme said:

Badder, I'm so sorry you didn't make the deadline :( 

Your vignette is a real stunner, though :clap::clap: 

Heading to your RFI now

Ciao

Thanks very much Giemme.

Thanks for all the comments guys I really appreciate them.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:29 PM, PlaStix said:

I am glad we managed to get your Vignette in the gallery.

Kind regards,

Stix

Me too! I'd already picked out my favourite for the win though, and I was right! Well done on a super vignette Stix, with action, lots of ingredients, and great details at such a small scale. I am surprised Enzo's didn't get more votes though, because that little scene was a classic, so simple but it painted a thousand words.

Badder