As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Arthur Miggins

Airfix 1/72 Shackleton MR2 Suez

This is a top notch build - lovely.

Cheers,

Michael

fantastic build, and may end up costing me some big money, haven't been interested in building the af shack i prefar the all over DSG scheme, but thought I'd only get that if I build the revell, knowing there is one on the xtradecal sheet changes things :)

Really nice that. I've got a boxing of the old Frog kit from some godawful Eastern European manufacturer and it has that scheme on it, even though the Frog offering was an MR3. I always liked the look of it though, maybe if Revell do a boxing of the MR2 I might have a stab at that one.

fantastic build, and may end up costing me some big money, haven't been interested in building the af shack i prefar the all over DSG scheme, but thought I'd only get that if I build the revell, knowing there is one on the xtradecal sheet changes things :)

If it helps, some MR.1 and most MR.2, MR.3 and T.4s went through a period of wearing DSG c'56-60, wasn't just the AEWs

Very nice version indeed

Great build and finish

Very smart

Thank you for all the kind comments. One thing I forgot to mention, If anyone is going to build one please check the parts! I was looking for some glazing to fit into a hole in the lower wing but couldn't find it. Looking closely at the instructions and there wasn't one. It was in fact a flaw in the plastic and looked like another landing light. D'oh. Quick look on here revealed it to be a known issue! so had to fill it and paint. looks a mess but is hidden underneath.

Very very nice work!