Tamiya 1:72 FW 190 Gelb 1 + - from Tunisia 1943

Plenty of time to start and finish this little butcher bird here! The box

DSCN3052_zpsdiweoxkc.jpg

is quite BIG for such a small kit, almost everything is included

DSCN3055_zpsgy51psdx.jpg

on one single sprue, except the lower wing piece, clear parts and poly hubs. Compare this to all that excess plastic in current Eduard kits!!!

The instructions are

DSCN3053_zpseqn9ywlk.jpg

printed on high quality paper and very clear. To paint these

DSCN3054_zpsuh9bpyzo.jpg

there are very nice b/w diagrams with only Tamiya paint numbers. They recommend shooting the RLM 74/75/76 scheme using their spray cans!

So, I started painting the various bits and pieces

DSCN3056_zpshchunb3g.jpg

DSCN3057_zpskos5yg9n.jpg

and soon I had nothing more to paint! Taking a close look at the pieces I became convinced there are quality plastic kits and then there´s the Tamiya quality plastic kits. And if the fit is as good as they say... for 10.90€ retail price in a Finnish hobby shop this is a real bargain!

EDIT: Yes, they are tins of RLM 78 and 79 up there :-)

Regards, V-P

• Like 2

Couldn´t keep away from building a bit last night. Overall a pleasant experience, the fit IS good, engineering well done and the parts count is minimal. I got the fuselage, wings, engine and cockpit (minus the IP) assembled.

DSCN3058_zpsvrw30bzo.jpg

Don´t worry, I haven´t forgotten to add the cockpit tub, the wings are just clipped on for looks! I assembled the landing gear legs while they were still attached to sprues. The wheel hubs were the easiest to paint, ever, and I´m very happy with them.

DSCN3059_zpsygmesbxh.jpg

It appears I still have some cleaning left in e.g. the leading edges. Many of the sprue gates were in natural cut points so more thanks to Tamiya engineers again!

Regards, V-P

• Like 2

Plenty of time to start and finish this little butcher bird here! <clipeti clip>

and soon I had nothing more to paint! Taking a close look at the pieces I became convinced there are quality plastic kits and then there´s the Tamiya quality plastic kits. And if the fit is as good as they say... for 10.90€ retail price in a Finnish hobby shop this is a real bargain!

EDIT: Yes, they are tins of RLM 78 and 79 up there :-)

Regards, V-P

Hi V-P!

Who us selling Tamiya with this kind of prices???

Prosit!

AaCee

Hobbylinna. They have a webshop with collect at store option too, so no p&p cost if possible and they have a shop in Turku 😊. True! Never before seen Tamiya sold this cheap in Finland. Good stocks of supplies too.

• Like 1

This build has progressed better than taking pictures of it. I still have to do something about the antenna. I decided to paint and varnish the bug... Wurger before that, just to ease handling. Maybe that should´ve been done before painting :evil_laugh: . Yep, will do a plane from North Africa. Oh how much I hate painting those white fuselage bands! Regards, V-P

DSCN3068_zpsupy3gbtr.jpg

DSCN3071_zpsqj8usosa.jpg

• Like 2

A few dull build pics from a dull build - dull in all the good ways, meaning no nasty surprises. Way to go, big T!

DSCN3073_zpsbg1gi4ln.jpg

The A-3 type antenna was sanded away.

DSCN3075_zpsna04oyye.jpg

Maybe a bit too large A-4 type antenna was crafted from plastic sheet.

DSCN3076_zpsoer1sxed.jpg

First time ever for me: I added all the decals before adding all those small details that could´ve snapped off too easily! Wholeheartedly recommendable.

DSCN3077_zpspakrjh5j.jpg

Not too many decals on the bellyside!

DSCN3078_zpsccf4jdoh.jpg

The final assembly went quickly.

DSCN3079_zpsnhwqaeis.jpg

With just some detail painting to do...

DSCN3080_zps8j2plriz.jpg

...and matt varnish still to do, see you in Gallery! It´s finished!

• Like 1