THE OLDE GENERAL, M-47 PATTON 1/35 ITALERI FINISHED

Ceithearn, on 30 Aug 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

Beautiful presentation, build and weathering Francis. The pics/positioning are great, really show off the detail.

Amazing art work, very well done.

R.

Thx for your kind comment, cheers R. :thumbsup:

Reini78, on 30 Aug 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:Reini78, on 30 Aug 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

well, that´s really dirrrty :winkgrin:

brings back memories, that kit was my first armour kit a loooong time ago :-)

nice work there with that kit oldie, still a good kit!

:thumbsup:

Thx for your like and kind comments, I also did many years ago one of these, but the last kits I did, although not to finish, ended in the spares box ... :hanging: , now I think I have done justice :hobbyhorse: , cheers Reini78

Edited by FrancisGL

sinhow, on 30 Aug 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:sinhow, on 30 Aug 2016 - 08:30 AM, said:

Wow! Nice color, nice weathering, nice photos!

Thx for your kind comment, cheers mate :thumbsup:

Thx for your like keefr22, cheers mate :winkgrin:

Thx for your like fatfingers, cheers mate :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL

sdk_uk, on 31 Aug 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:sdk_uk, on 31 Aug 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

Wow! This is really great build. Weathering is spot on not to much of dirt. Just what I like

Cheers

Thx for your like and kind comment, cheers mate :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL

That's simply SUPERB Francis.

The weathering is very realistic indeed. I particularly like the lower hull, wheels and suspension with the mud/splashes, not just for the application of techniques, but for your choice of colours as well.

The Patton and the Sheridan have always been my favourite American tanks as subjects as they are packed with lots of details which modellers can get stuck into. There's hardly a flat plain piece of steel anywhere. They do lend themselves to weathering techniques so long as they are not overdone. you've nailed them.

100/100.

Rearguards

Badder

Roberto, on 10 Sept 2016 - 1:10 PM, said:Roberto, on 10 Sept 2016 - 1:10 PM, said:

Great work, the weathering is really good!

Thx for your like, follow post and kind comment Roberto, cheers mate :thumbsup:

Edited by FrancisGL

Valenstitch, on 10 Sept 2016 - 9:05 PM, said:

You`ve made a good job of that! One of the nicest Italeri kits, still going strong after what? thirty five years? I`ve got one in my stash somewhere!

Thx for your like and kind comment, you're right, still it has a very good level of detail ..., cheers Valenstitch :thumbsup:

Dads203, on 10 Sept 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

Missed this one Francis, wow, you really nailed all aspects of the build and the weathering processes,

The mud effects are really the cherry on the top buddy, well done :)

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am very pleased that you liked the result.

Cheers Dan :thumbsup:

An excellent model Francis. A great weathering finish and some great photos. I really like the way you've made the detail stick out. My photos are far to dark in places. Well done mate :)

• Like 1