THE OLDE GENERAL, M-47 PATTON 1/35 ITALERI FINISHED

On 3/3/2018 at 11:06, Terry1954 said:

This is absolutely brilliant! I just love the finish and weathering. The WIP thread is great also. I agree with your comments regarding the quality of this old model. I had one years ago that I somehow lost in a house move. Never built it but I do recall thinking the quality was very good.

Thanks for sharing this!

Terry

Many thanks for your kind words and time to stop watch, I also as a teenager more or less, I did one of these, but I did not finish it, I ended up in the spare parts box (still after about 25 years I had the pieces I kept), so this kit, after resuming the hobby for a great, long time, it did not give me good "vibrations", but I have taken it more seriously, and it seems that the result has not been all bad.

Without a doubt, the tracks are the worst part of the kit, because they also broke, and it was difficult to fix.

I would have to change them for better ones, but I do not dare, in case I ruin the model ...

Now Takom, has released to the market unless I know 2 kits of the M47, so they will undoubtedly be of great quality.

Cheers Terry :yes:

• Thanks 1

Really impressive effort! the paint job is great, really shows off the cool shape of these vehicles. i will certainly take this as inspiration.

• Thanks 1

Come on Francis you've got to STOP stealing these things from tank museums, they are starting to miss them and it's costing a lot to fix the fences.

Seriously though it looks great, another Francis masterpiece.

Take care,

Lloyd

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

Come on Francis you've got to STOP stealing these things from tank museums, they are starting to miss them and it's costing a lot to fix the fences.

Seriously though it looks great, another Francis masterpiece.

Take care,

Lloyd

Many thanks for your kind (and funny comments...lol), I do not think it's to win a prize (important), but I like it, and it seems to someone else, so I am encouraged to continue improving as much as possible.

I'm seriously thinking about an upgrade with the tracks, which are undoubtedly the weak point of the kit, it is not that they look bad at all, but its integrity if it seems that it is compromised with the passage of time ...and end up breaking, although the risk of ruining the model ... I have to meditate ...:think:

Cheers Lloyd :cold:

Edited by FrancisGL

On 9/3/2018 at 00:12, Hairtrigger said:

Really good build, love the weathering .... Attention to the mud the way the tones change through drying truly brilliant.

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it, cheers Hairtrigger :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 13:38, Martin Ford said:

I can only echo what many others have said, a very, very good model. 

Congratulations on such a brilliant build, Martin 

Many thanks for your more than kind comments, i'm glad you like it, cheers Martin :yes:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2018 at 09:44, Yetifan said:

Really impressive effort! the paint job is great, really shows off the cool shape of these vehicles. i will certainly take this as inspiration.

Many thanks for your most kind words, i'm glad you like it, cheers Yetifan 👍👍

On 04/05/2018 at 18:29, Buzby061 said:

A masterpiece of weathering, can't believe I missed it first time round.

Pete

Many thanks for your most kind words, i'm glad you like it, don't worry about, it has been built for almost two years, and if it were not for the fact that it has "pop up" from time to time it is very difficult that you would have seen it, it usually happens with all the work already finished ...

If you are interested in seeing some other work finished of mine, just click on the links at the end of each post, and there you will find them, although they are not all, because although they are not too many, only 4 links are allowed. .. so the oldest ones, if you want to see them, give me a touch and "I look for them" ... lol

Cheers mate :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2018 at 02:17, Hairtrigger said:

Outstanding.... Weathering wow brilliant.

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it.

When you see it in its resting place, it does not seem like a big deal, but when it has an adequate and abundant illumination, it's amazing how it changes its appearance ... everything good and bad it has emerges like a cork in the water ...lol

Cheers Hairtrigger 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 13:43, corsaircorp said:

Wow ! Francis,

You did great on your Patton !!:mike:

That spark an thirst of Patton to my already distorted mind !!

Grat job indeed !

Sincerely.

CC

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it and for having inspired you, fortunatelyfor you, , Takom has released at least a couple of kits of M47s, so the result can be better than this (oldie)

Cheers mate 👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...