THE OLDE GENERAL, M-47 PATTON 1/35 ITALERI FINISHED

Hi Pals, al last I finished the model, and IHMO, I think it has been to my liking.
I was pleasantly surprised, to see that even being such an ancient mold, still has a very good level of quality (I think even better than some models Tamiya of the time, and that time, were twice as expensive or so. ..)
Once finished, you see a pretty powerful tank, a whole "Heavy metal", precursor of the "beasts" that would follow.

On the other hand, the kit has a fairly simple assembly, no major problems to solve, if you want to OOB, although I have had two delicate enough, the hull and turret were twisted,and it was difficult to bring them together, and the tracks that are degraded by the passage of time and broke. Perhaps now come of better plastic quality.

Here is a link to the WIP section, in case you want to see it.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004000-the-olde-general-m47-patton-135-italeri-item265/

Thanks to all who have followed the assembly and finishing kit, and have supported and encouraged me with your suggestions and comments. :cheers:

Regards to all Pals :bye:

RezIAzk.jpg

aCvdqGY.jpg

ZnZ7Me7.jpg

ZV2TXy7.jpg

PUqTng4.jpg

9MAnnaq.jpg

LYiMGoN.jpg

ABzt9Sa.jpg

DNTqH20.jpg

rwcxdiJ.jpg

DvstDzy.jpg

AoLZzZv.jpg

N3BdO2m.jpg

PG35IT1.jpg

joznlHF.jpg

Hn75LxY.jpg

DZx1QYA.jpg

OBKqEFU.jpg

s6AIOWT.jpg

ECt5vZt.jpg

y1oonAt.jpg

WBUwCnd.jpg

And some shots on detail....

2d53Iz0.jpg

skOSvJY.jpg

YuKYJ2K.jpg

Etafdhy.jpg

n8O94mb.jpg

K51lPI4.jpg

5gyIzOq.jpg

0UyZ650.jpg

M3iR7rg.jpg

Edited by FrancisGL
PICS ERASED BY COURTESY OF PHOTOBUCKET
  • Like 68

Love it.

I always wanted to build this kit in German 'Battle of the Bulge' film markings - grey with big crosses on the turret and a 1/35 Robert Shaw in the turret!

• Like 1

PlaStix, on 29 Aug 2016 - 1:07 PM, said:

That is truly amazing! The photos could be of the real thing! Wonderful! Very well done. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much for your more than kind comments, I'm so glad you like it so much, perhaps the merit is not mine, (although I always try to teach the most accurate possible model as I see it, with values in neutral mode), and yes SLR cameras, which are incredible, although it is true that they are able to make nuances naked eye does not see the human eye, yes, for better or worse. :fight:

Cheers Stix :bye:

IanC, on 29 Aug 2016 - 2:26 PM, said:

Love it.

I always wanted to build this kit in German 'Battle of the Bulge' film markings - grey with big crosses on the turret and a 1/35 Robert Shaw in the turret!

Thx for your kind comment Ian, if you decide to do I like to see how it looks, cheers mate :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Beautiful presentation, build and weathering Francis. The pics/positioning are great, really show off the detail.

Amazing art work, very well done.

R.

Edited by Ceithearn
  • Like 1