Revell Man TGM Fire Truck with lights

Finally!

After building this kit and checking the lights every step of the way, only to find that when it was finished the blue lights on the cab failed me. Keeping calm..........sort of........and before sending it into orbit, I set it aside and went back to it a few weeks later to trace every wire and replace them (also had to dismantle the blues lights on the cab). So now, everything works and I have taken some pictures for those who were patient enough to follow this build for the past 6 or more months. I hope it was worth the wait. A video will follow soon showing the lights in action and I will post a link on here when it is ready for viewing.

For even more pictures of the finished build, the WIP pictures and a video click HERE

FIRE01_zpsgbkhlk8c

Fire126_zpsbuie0vh1

Fire128_zpssi0g927l

Fire129_zpsq6mxdqpl

Fire132_zpsnbkdckmz

Fire133_zpstmo5yzee

Fire134_zpsdn5wlt7p

Fire135_zpsuitkyl8h

Fire136_zpsihfq8s9m

Fire137_zpstdk62wao

Fire138_zpsr7hfts87

Fire139_zpsljz17fsk

Fire147_zpss25tbgxgFire158_zps77xockggFIRE112_zpsgpnessqhFIRE111_zpsvlrphil8Fire145_zpsmkt9yihuFire175_zps23g8dpyv

Edited by ukmodeller
update images
  • Like 16

An excellent job there. Well done..!!

Well worth the wait.

Very nice Kevin, your work with the lighting is always something special.

Shaun

Looks real, Kev. Excellent job!

Kev.

Absolutely stunning. I look forward to seeing the video!

Many thanks for all of your kind comments. It is always appreciated and never taken for granted, and it gives great encouragement me to put my work on show whatever build I do.

As always, I just hope it gives others encouragement to attempt something similar on their builds. It does not need to be big, just something different that makes the build unique.

Thanks again everyone.

Very impressive! Those initial low angle shots look very realistic, in fact that 1st shot I took to be a reference shot!

Excellent!

ATB
Rick

Hi Kevin. Really good to see this one made it to the RFI section. I am sorry you had problems with the lights - it must have been very frustrating - it's great you were able to get it sorted because you have produced a really stunning fire truck! Superb detailing throughout demonstrating fantastic attention to detail. Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Very impressive! Those initial low angle shots look very realistic, in fact that 1st shot I took to be a reference shot!

Excellent!

ATB

Rick

Thanks, Rick. I actually took the pictures outside this time and they seem to have come out better.

Hi Kevin. Really good to see this one made it to the RFI section. I am sorry you had problems with the lights - it must have been very frustrating - it's great you were able to get it sorted because you have produced a really stunning fire truck! Superb detailing throughout demonstrating fantastic attention to detail. Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks, Stix. Really appreciate your comments. I enjoy a challenge and this one sure tested my patience due to the very limited space availalble for hiding the wiring. I hate things to get the better of me and was determined that this problem wasn't going to beat me.

The best thing about kit building today is that there is so much information available on the Internet. You can find almost everything you need, including videos.

Regards

Kevin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/10/2016 at 11:03 PM, phildagreek said:

Nice!

you've done a good job, very smart!

Thanks, Phil.

I'd really like to do another fire truck but the choices are very limited. So, my next builds will be a King Tiger and a Pirate ship kit. Maybe by Christmas there will be more choice.

• Like 1