Ritchie's F-4D?

Bozothenutter

can anybody confirm the Phantom in this pic is 463?

1540889099.jpg

I like the way the kill markings look rough and ready compared to all the sanitized PR versions it had later (and in most decal sheets).

anybody have tips of finding reference of this particular frame online?

and the loadout used on then 5th kill (migcap..???) just 4 sparrows and 4 sidewinders?

so many questions.....

Edited by ozothenutter

can anybody confirm the Phantom in this pic is 463?

1540889099.jpg

and the loadout used on then 5th kill (migcap..???) just 4 sparrows and 4 sidewinders?

so many questions.....

Four AIM-7E-2, four AIM-9J, and two ECM pods, one under each inboard pylon.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Four AIM-7E2, four AIM-9E, and two ECM pods, one under each inboard pylon.

Regards,

Murph

Tnx!, now where did I leave that Hase weapons set?

which ecm pod btw?

Before you spend big money on aftermarket, ask yourself if an item on the Academy kit absolutely, must be replaced.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

I have an original issue Hase...finally getting rond to finishing it, but the wheel wells are very barren, and I don't want to get bogged down again.

which ecm pod btw?

They carried an AN/ALQ-101(V)1 ECM pod on the left inboard pylon and an AN/ALQ-71(V)2 'Special' ECM pod on the right pylon for the last kill; although the pods were also seen in the opposite configuration.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
  • Like 1

They carried an AN/ALQ-101(V)1 ECM pod on the right inboard pylon and an AN/ALQ-71(V)2 'Special' ECM pod on the left pylon.

Regards,

Murph

Thanks again...where did you get the info?....is your googlefu stronger than mine?....

Thanks again...where did you get the info?....is your googlefu stronger than mine?....

The instructions from Wolfpak Decals sheet 72-51. LINK It covered Ritchie's F-4D from his 1st and 5th kills and were the first ones to accurately do the F-4E he used for his 3rd and 4th MiG kills. Their sheets provide extensive info on the loads carried on the kills. Only in 1/72 scale though.

Regards,

Murph

• 2 weeks later...