'Fokker Scourge' (Airfix 1/72 Fokker E.II Eindecker)

Hi folks,

Me again. I'm supposed to be beavering away putting the finishing touches to my Junkers 88 for the group build (a deadline which I've now missed) but instead I became distracted by putting the finishing touches to the little Airfix 1/72 Fokker E.II Eindecker. :banghead:

This is a new tool from Airfix and is a cracking little kit - especially for its size. The kit goes together a treat with the most fiddly bit being the rigging. Fortunately this was made much easier by using Uschi van der Rosten rigging thread and detailed rigging instructions by Airfix. The kit has been built OOB apart from the addition of some homemade tamiya tape seatbelts.

I decided to finish the kit off with a bit of weathering and to put it onto a little vignette style base so it was easier to handle!!

Hope you enjoy the photos below and as always your feedback and comments are very much appreciated.

DSC00148_zpsdnejxak5.jpg

DSC00147_zpsj0qs1d9m.jpg

DSC00149_zpsqvlrn85u.jpg

DSC00150_zpsntt7cw8q.jpg

DSC00152_zpsf76uimhm.jpg

DSC00153_zpsp239hp0j.jpg

DSC00154_zpsfqgm98qo.jpg

DSC00155_zpsxlaquage.jpg

DSC00156_zpsqil52lyx.jpg

DSC00157_zpswfvlnedu.jpg

DSC00158_zpstftsxxkc.jpg

DSC00161_zpsc9smesak.jpg

DSC00162_zpsmudprxok.jpg

DSC00165_zps8h13msy2.jpg

DSC00166_zpsrcwhek3r.jpg

DSC00168_zpse6mecuoc.jpg

• Like 28

Fantastic job , I got this kit too recently and it quite tempting :)

Thats a lovely little model,.....I don`t know why but the Eindecker just gives me the creeps,....... must have been so much worse for those RFC/RNAS and French aircrew who came up against it in 1916.

Cheers

Tony

• 2 years later...