Polar Lights 66' Batmobile 1/32

Hello All,

I HAVE UPLOADED NEW PICTURES SEVERAL YEARS ON FROM IT BEING BUILT - SORRY FOR THE FLUFF 

I would like to introduce my build of the Polar Lights reissue of the Aurora 'Batmobile'. It is a nice little kit, as with all oldies it responded well to a little 'TLC' no real challenges other than getting the body good enough for the gloss black which was from a Halfords rattle can over Tamiya fine surface primer, I made my first decal for this kit for the 'Bat Licence Plate' as it was probably called. All the chrome was removed and repainted in Plasticote Chrome over gloss black, but I have recently bought some Alclad, so will be giving that a go on future builds.

I apologize for the many photos, but everybody loves this car... it's the law!!!

1/32 polar lights batmobile

Thanks for looking, Comments and critters welcome, tune in next time... same bat time same... well, you know the rest ;)

Cheers,

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy
NEW PICTURES
  • Like 9

Nicely done. I've considered buying one of these, that car is the best thing to come out of that ever so slightly camp series...

Question though, do you have to paint the red trim?

Thank you, don't forget the Catwoman(s) ;)

They supply you with decals for the trim which mostly goes on fine, but they did have a tendency to tear so I ended up painting just the ones round the indicators at the front, they looked more scary than they turned out to be.

I can recommend this kit greatly as it definitely looks the part, but it's certainly not a shake and bake kind of kit :) They also do a new tool 1/25 version that I have in the stash which is also great.

• Like 1

All I see is "CLICK for Photos" :-(

Edit: I can see them now!

Love it!

When I was 4 I had my tonsil out and was given a Corgi Batmobile when I was in hospital!

Edited by injidup

Thank you gentlemen... I was really chuffed with how this came out, definitely worth the effort.

Would you agree that some of these tougher older kits seem to come out better in the end because you have to concentrate more when building them? I have quite often messed up 'Easy' kits over silly things, strange :)

I too have the 1/25th kit in the stash, I look forward to building it, is there any chance for a 'RFI' of your Batmobile Jörgen?

Cheers,

Andy.

That's lovely, nicely done! The only true Batmobile in my book :coolio:

To be only bettered by the Keaton 89 Batmobile.

Holy gasoline fumes Batman! This build is class, im glad it comes with the Batman & Robin figures to go inside.

Wayne.

• Like 1

Looks Fantastic,I still have my heavily battered Corgi Batmobile to this day,a true classic design.

Thank you very much, My uncles both have their Corgi versions (and 2 mint original DB5's) My Dad on the other hand tended to ruin his toys and kits by shooting them with air rifles... no inheritance for me then :)

Cheers,

Andy.

To be only bettered by the Keaton 89 Batmobile.

Holy gasoline fumes Batman! This build is class, im glad it comes with the Batman & Robin figures to go inside.

Wayne.

I must confess I view the West, Keaton and Kilmer cars with equal big eyes :)

The figures make the kit and I had great fun painting them, sadly they are not quite to scale... or it might be the car that's not to scale, but who cares? it's the bloomin' 'Batmobile' ;)

The 60's one is indeed iconic, but i guess the Keaton and Kilmer ones were the first ones I was really aware of as a lad, in fact I think 'Batman Forever' was the first film (that wasn't Disney) that I saw in the cinema, My Dad took me and my older brother to the Dome in Worthing and afterwards got us our first KFC which we ate on the beach in the dark, good times :popcorn:

The 60's one was on the telly on Sunday's (I think) before or after Knight Rider, we used to watch them before the traditional Roast. (mid 90's) so I was also aware of this batmobile, but I guess at that age and being exposed to all 3 roughly at the same time (and the cartoon) I'm not so biased :)

Hello Graham,

I'm glad you like it :) the only real issue is the fit of the front bumper to the body... it doesn't ;) I had to offer it up the best it would go then keep applying thick superglue to the gaps which I could then sand smooth and flush, also the steering column will need to be trimmed or Batman will have an uncomfy driving position :) apart from that, it just takes a little patience and some effective detail painting on the dashboard and wheels to make it good. I look forward to seeing yours when it is done!

Regards,

Andy.

Great looking kit! You got it done just in time for the new movie.

Great stuff!

Although they have Adam West and Burt Ward doing the voices, sadly due to age no doubt, They don't sound like they did in the 60's TV show any more.

I love the seriously corny pun about jaywalking though - spot on '60's Batman!

Roy.

• Like 1

I did the Polar Lights 1/25th snap kit for a store display and I was amazed at how good it looked.

A little colour here and there and some foil work and it looked spot on.

I'm impressed that you got such nice results from the 1/32nd kit.

Good Show!

(what?! no Bat emoticons? Holy disappointment!)

• Like 1

I'm impressed that you got such nice results from the 1/32nd kit.

Good Show!

(what?! no Bat emoticons? Holy disappointment!)

Thank you, yeah looking at the box contents I did not think it would turn out so nice, it is actually my favorite finished kit :) I have seen the snap kit, but I have the 1/25 normal kit so did not grab it :(

Cheers,

Andy.

I too have the 1/25th kit in the stash, I look forward to building it, is there any chance for a 'RFI' of your Batmobile Jörgen?

Cheers,

Andy.

I thought I had shown it here, in my thread with older car models (back on page 20 I think), but I can't find it, so apparently not. I'll get some photos taken soon.

If you have the kit with photo etch; those parts are a very tight fit in the front and rear recesses, and will benefit from a bit of plastic trimming...

• Like 1