Kicking old school. Airfix 1/72 Hawker Typhoon

Stosh65

That answers that question then. Finally, we find out who ate all the pies.

I played prop at rugby and I'm now an offensive lineman in American Football. I did in fact eat all the pies. Also, my father in law is a butcher so I'm never short of a few in the freezer.

Anyway, all done and dusted with an hour and a half to spare. Could have been quicker but I forgot the arrestor hook. Didn't have anything in the spares so ended up quickly fasioning one from a spare missile rail from I know not what. The paint could be neater but I like it. The cover will be explained with the Whif story in the gallery but its a bit of felt and some wool pinched from the wife and painted with olive drab to hide the horrible cockpit and canopy.

DSC_0589_zps0qoxomqg.jpg

Thanks to everyone for encouragement and setting this up. I've had a lot of fun with this one and really needed something like this to get me going again after my holiday layoff.

• Like 7

I thought I recognised the physique. Was a numbereight until I retired 'some years' ago. Still weigh the same but it's all dropped a foot or so and expanded.....Tried American Football a couple of times and, despite the padding, didn't find it a soft option at all.

You've got a very good result there. Well Done Sir.

• Like 1

Is there any other way a pie should be eaten?

Yes,

1. with peas and pea gravy

2. with chips, peas and proper gravy.

3. with mash, peas and gravy.

4. with chips on a bed of paper on the way home from the pub.

not necessarily in that order.

Edited by spaddad

Yes,

1. with peas and pea gravy

2. with chips, peas and proper gravy.

3. with mash, peas and gravy.

4. with chips on a bed of paper on the way home from the pub.

not necessarily in that order.

Mash, peas and gravy is also acceptable.

You swear at people on the field? :lol:

On occasion.

Congratulations indeed. I agree that it does look great in those colours, a job well done too.

Scotch pie? I feel disappointed with myself for not representing the North East of Scotland properly by failing to have a buttery for breakfast and a battered mars bar for my pudding. Next time ;)

• Like 3