RAL Acrylics

F4u

I need some help guy's finding the following colours in Acrylic .

Luftwaffe colours

RAL 7012

RAL 6014

RAL 9006

RAL 2005

I have seen Hataka do set but from what I have read there not that good so is there an alternative ?

Many thanks

Guy

Revell Aqua Color is in the ballpark with these paints:

RAL 7012 - Revell 77

RAL 6014 - Revell 42

RAL 9006 - Revell 99 (plus light grey to taste)

RAL 2005 - Revell 25

There are some German manufacturers who produce pots of the stuff to specification, but the Revell paints have the advantage of being readily available.

OK?

• Like 1

Thanks chaps,

Paul the chart is very useful so I have saved it, looks like a bit of Vallejo and Revell or I could go all Revell which I think I will do.

Guy :thumbsup:

You'll have a tough job matching those RAL numbers to Luftwaffe colours because RAL refers to land vehicles; Reichs-Ausshuss für Lieferbedingungen (RAL) (Reich Committee for Terms of Delivery).

RLM is the Luftwaffe designation; State Ministry of Aviation (Reichsluftfahrt Ministerium)

You'll probably have more luck by describing either the RLM number or where the paint is going to be used. So later war cockpits would be RLM 66 for example.

Ammo by Mig do nice Luftwaffe paints & include the RLM number in their description.

HTH

dubster72, F4u wants the paints for a Starfighter (info gleaned from another thread). They wouldn't have been painted in RLM colours (though possibly in their direct successors), unless you want to build a Whiffer. That could be fun!

• Like 1

dubster72, F4u wants the paints for a Starfighter (info gleaned from another thread). They wouldn't have been painted in RLM colours (though possibly in their direct successors), unless you want to build a Whiffer. That could be fun!

Aha that makes sense! My apologies for any confusion I've caused!

Yes as I understand it post war RLM was changed to RAL , I have the correct colours winging there way to me thanks for all the input chaps.

Guy

Aha that makes sense! My apologies for any confusion I've caused!

No problem dubster.

Guy