1/48 F-4H Phantom prototype conversion for Academy F-4B by Brigade models

rafrobbo

Was chatting to Ted Bayliss, who runs the F-4 Phantom SIG at Avon. He said he'd been helping out on this project. I think there are periodic updates on the SIG Facebook page, but not being a Facebook member I can't join. Ted did say the set was comprehensive, with new seat etc as well as decals. Sounds good value for what's included.

• Like 1

Brigade have contact details on the web site and speaking to them at our Avon show are very approachable. Maybe call them and ask how this project is progressing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

For some reason I managed to miss this enquiry. The current status is that the main castings are now sorted, the canopy is still in progress as is the decal sheet. I have been given a set of the early moulds, and have started a WIP on this.

Kevin says everything should be ready by March 2018. Price around £35, or an option of both the conversion plus an Academy F-4B.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Dereknf said:

Any news on this project?

34 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Seconded!

I saw the prototype parts, decal sheet (which I was kindly given, Thanks Brigade Models) and an assembled kit last weekend at Scale Scotland. It looks really good and the fit to the donor kit looked excellent. I understand they are hoping to have them on sale at Telford.

As an aside their 1/48 Meteor Prone conversion for the Airfix meatbox looked the business as well.

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And the soon - expected in December 2018 - Ginter Books - Naval Fighters Number 108 - McDonnell F4H-1/F4A Phantom, Birth of a Legend

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/mcdonnell-f4h-1f4a-phantom-birth-of-a-legend-expected-december-2018-9780999388457-ginter-9780999388457-us-jet-aircraft/product/?action=prodinfo&art=158769

158769-0.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 3/13/2019 at 7:43 AM, jpk said:

Are there any decent photos of the parts for this conversion?

Yes, right here from the year 2017. This conversion was available at Scale Model World and very briefly at Hannants (it sold out quickly); however, I missed it. So, this conversion set has truly become a phantom! :waiting::popcorn:

Edited by Hobo