1/32 The Worst Best Idea ever. The big Victor.

TGA

Nobody said crazy was a bad thing...did they? If they did I may have missed the memo on that one. :lol:

I'm going to go one step past crazy, and go with bonkers. A special kind of mental...love it. I'm looking forward to watching this take shape over the coming weeks/months.

Best of luck. Cheers! :cheers:

• Like 1

He's gone mad !!! this is going to be good count me in Tom and happy modelling.

Guy

• Like 1

So, Britmadness it is! I actually got started today!! But before I update. Glad everyone is joining in. I'm really enjoying all your comments so thanks for the laughs and thanks for taking the time to follow me and my straightjacket-esque idea.

Like I said I actually got a bit of work done. I had about an hour to myself an I decided to cut out a few bulkheads.

DSC_0231_zpsikviuwsu.jpg

The plastic in question. 2mm thick sheet of joy....I went for 2 mm because I hope the extra thickness will provide enough support if I cut the middle part out of the bulkheads. I tried sawing it but that didn't work very well. So I grabed some scissors and cut it up. The bulkheads do require some "aftercare" with the dremel though.

DSC_0232_zpsydhzf9sb.jpg

DSC_0234_zpsmjcda6yj.jpg

DSC_0236_zpseujaoakg.jpg

So I do need your opinion om something guys. Would it be a good idea to make the basic structure of the aircraft first and then cut it in half (basically) to create all the interior spaces? I was thinking of doing a rather unconventional split. Cutting off the cockpit and then cutting it in half, but instead of through the middle I'd cut it roughly where the cockpit floor is going to be. This way I believe it's going to be easier to create the Victor's trademark windows. Any thoughts on this matter??

• Like 7

Forget all the tubby Vulcan twaddle. The Victor was the most graceful, elegant and futuristic bomber ever produced, full stop, period, end.

And this is not madness, lunacy, craziness or any other mental impairment. It's inspired genius.

I know because he told me.

And it's very very British to boot.

I am thoroughly enjoying this one.

• Like 5

Hey John, Invida and Limey, all of you guys are more than welcome on the topic! I agree with you John, the Victor is possibly one of the best looking aircraft ever. Menacing and graceful at the same time.

Anyhow, life is one big puzzle today:

DSC_0237_zpsvpald0t6.jpg

DSC_0238_zps4mgnpnhn_edit_1472310867761_

DSC_0239_zpsupl1fx3v.jpg

I know it looks very rough now but I hope it'll get better once I'm done with the basic structure and once I start applying the filler.

• Like 13

A bit of a clean up and it will be fine, good start Tom.

Guy

• Like 2

So, last update of the day. I actually found some more time to be somewhat productive. So here goes:

DSC_0244_zpswjoovjgy.jpg

Tidied up the cockpit floor and found some time to wrap up a bit of the airframe!

DSC_0245_zpsko03jnye.jpg

The plan you see in the next picture ia slightly smaller in scale

DSC_0247_zpsgd5pjzvs.jpg

That's all for tonight! How"s that for some tidying up Guy?

• Like 14

Yet more impossible modelling! Top Trumps scratch building on this site methinks. What next? Someone planning a 1:32 Spruce Goose made out of wood?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well now, once upon a timeI was. A Vulcan driver! But there is absolutely NO denying. That the Victor was a very futuristic and elegant aircraft. I shall follow rhis build with interest.

• Like 1