BAC One-eleven - information wanted.

davepb

Hi, does anyone have any drawings/photos, and other relevant information, of the undercarriage of the BAC 1-11? I have been unable to find any on Google. I'm particularly interested in the 1-11 479FU with the upgraded main undercarriage. Hoping to use the Airways Vacform to model ZE432 when used by Qinetic for ETPS

Hi davepb -- I have the info you need in several chapters of a One-Eleven Maintenance Manual. Sadly, it doesn't cover the beefed up 475 Srs undercart, but is a good starting point. Send me a Private Message with your email addy and I shall be glad to return the relevant chapters in a zip file (they are big!)

Hi 71chally, I don't think they are the same. The 475 series had beefed up u/c, but I can't see anywhere the 500 series having the same modification. The give-away is the deeper fairing for the main u/c on the 475 series.

Cheers and thanks for the offer.

The Cornwall Aviation Heritage Centre has one and they may be able to provide details, or if someone is not far from Newquay they could pop down and get some shots for you. I went there a few years ago when it was in the hands of Classic Airforce and remember seeing the 1-11, but cannot find any photos that would help you. Here is a link to the present web site.

http://www.cornwallaviationhc.co.uk/our-aircraft/

HI I think you will find that the series 475 U/C the same as the 400 but it was fitted with larger wheels and tyres that why the U/C doors were bulged to accommodate the bigger wheels.

Thanks for that. I think the way ahead is now less murky. :bounce: