1/6 F6 Lightning

Superb workmanship, love the cockpit and seat detail!

Mark, your plans show the seat as being a mk 4 ....mk 2 seat in the F3 F6 and T5's.

It's a Mk4 seat (4BSB) fitted to Lightnings, Mk2 range was very different in appearance and fitted to Canberras, Meteors & Swifts etc.

Mark, good photo reference here, https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/english-electric-lightning-ejector-seat though it doesn't look like you need it!

Edited by 71chally

Superb workmanship, love the cockpit and seat detail!

It's a Mk4 seat (4BSB) fitted to Lightnings, Mk2 range was very different in appearance and fitted to Canberras, Meteors & Swifts etc.

Mark, good photo reference here, https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/english-electric-lightning-ejector-seat though it doesn't look like you need it!

Thanks for that, the plans i used were from a mk 2 for the base of the seat which is the same as the 4, it enabled me to ensure it was bang on 1/6, the details were added from the site you created a link to... Not all the belts are there as there is a pilot to go in yetBUT i might change plans a little in terms of completing all the belts and make the pilot removeable and only to be sat in for flights, that way he doesnt obscure any of the detail when its on the deck with the canopy open, like i said not sure but its a possibility,

Its difficult getting really good pilots for rc aircraft, im lucky as 1/6 is well catered for in terms of dragon figures and they do do good pilots, thry tend however to be American but a little work removing the odd patch on the sleeves and a repaiint on the helmet should give me a fairly good pilot, i will be doing one with full g suit etc so kind of ok for a late lightning in the 80's at warton etc but not i think technically correct, if anyone has any suggestions or even a dragon pilot lying around, feel free to contact me ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...