1/6 F6 Lightning

25FF6982-8A97-4528-8604-4346B52721BA_zps

The plan is whatever aspect you view this aircraft from , you won't be able to tell it from the real thing, basically all U/C wells will be detailed, jet pipes, airbrakes, brake chute ( nightmare) , it's like getting a big scale kit and adding every resin bit I can find ( but scratchbuilding it)

• Like 5

Brilliant. I hope she flies well after all that work. I have not attempted flying models but understand that some are much trickier than others to master. I would be guessing but imagine the wing planform of the lightning to be a bit "interesting" for r/c?

• Like 1

PSP connections were on the stbd side of the seat on Lightning's. Im also certain the Lightning seat is a Mk 2 BS. cracking project tho.

According to airfix and trumpeter as far as i know i have the seat details the right way round , am open to a couple of pics proving me wrong tho,

Basically any swept wing needs to be travelling quick as the low speed tendencies arent that good, on a model like this the, the wingloading is far from scale so they tend to behave a little better in that sense, one issue they do have tho is lateral instability, partlyndue to span partly due to sweep and partly due to anhedral so what this model does require is a gyro on the aileron to cut down on pilot workload and increase the stability

• Like 1

I Spent 5 years at Binbrook on 5 Sqn Check out the attached pic of Steven Haskins not where the anti g suit connection is, that would be the stbd side of the seat. also the emergency oxy bottle is on the Stbd rear of the seat.

stevehaskins.jpg

This is a MK53 360 deg cockpit view well worth a look,www.haraldjoergens.com/panoramas/lightning/

Edited by tweeky

Assuming we are talking about the same thing, I have this image which backs up airfix and trumpeter and my other references..

EE4F99A0-E40B-456F-9690-4999501A9723_zps

Also, apologies for Lilliputians, bloody spellcheck doesn't recognise milliput!!!

• Like 1

Nice!

Is that the Airworld kit?

it is, not bad as a blank canvas but too much money for what it is really, amd Airworld have the worst customer service in the world, the kit and retracts were paid for , in full 3 1/2 months ago, it arrived a month after the delivery date thatbwas agreed and they ' forgot' to include 1500 quidsworth or retracts, morons..

• Like 1

it is, not bad as a blank canvas but too much money for what it is really, amd Airworld have the worst customer service in the world, the kit and retracts were paid for , in full 3 1/2 months ago, it arrived a month after the delivery date thatbwas agreed and they ' forgot' to include 1500 quidsworth or retracts, morons..

I had a similar experience from a well known UK based laser cutting company a while ago. That was 8 months of compulsive lying. Similar again was an experience with a small company making parts for a fullsize homebuild aeroplane.

Whilst it's great that people do get involved in niche businesses (or else we'd have no toys to play with) I think it's easy to underestimate how much effort is needed to run a business well from a customers' perspective. It's not an excuse, but it can come as a surprise to some that customer satisfaction is partly down to the product itself and partly down to the service. You can't focus on one of these to the detriment of the other.

Anyway, your cockpit scratchbuild is looking superb. Please keep updating this thread! You're making me want to finish my Meteor.

3F160BA3-8625-4F52-89B7-19766213EF42_zps

Seat cushions and few straps done, there's a lot more straps but pilot will need to be installed first as they interact with him, just need to do the seat details now, rivets , connectors etc

• Like 6