Takom King Tigers

Monty Python

Getting more and more into AFV's and noticed that Takom have three 1:35 scale King Tigers for release in the near future. One has a Porsche turret with zimmerit and the other two have the Henschel turret also with zimmerit. One of the Henschel offerings is marked up as a special edition. Any idea what makes this a special edition?

Edited by Monty Python

Here's a link to a Japanese site that shows the sprues for all 3 kits. Can't find an English translation though. It looks like the main difference between the standard kit and the special edition is the zimmerit has a panel missing for the unit badge. Looks a bit tasty, can see me getting one or two of these.

http://www.moxingfans.com/new/news/2016/0812/2302.html

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be surprised that meng are doing the internals for the Takom kit buddy :o

reckon you are looking two different kits ?  

One Meng and the other Takom ? 

Both I reckon will be stunning kits but don't let them hear you say they are helping each other :o

On 22/08/2016 at 17:53, Monty Python said:

If I've got it correct, all 3 kits have a full interior

Yes, all three Takom kits have a full interior. The three versions are a Porsche turret with zim, a Henschel turret with zim, and a Abt. 505 Henschel turret with a cut-out in the turret zim for the unit emblem

Takom+Kingtiger+2045+2046+%252810%2529.j

Takom+Kingtiger+2045+2046+%25281%2529.jp

Takom+Kingtiger+2045+2046+%25282%2529a.j

They've just announced two non-zim KT's as well. One with a Porsche turret and one with a Henschel (Ignore the zim on the box art for the Porsche one, I think the artist must have got the wrong memo)

Takom+35th+King+tiger+Porsche.jpg

Takom+35th+King+tiger+Henschel.jpg

The Meng KT has two separate interior sets. One for the turret and one for the hull.

Andy

Edited by AndyRM101
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Porsche turret kit today and I've got to same I'm rather impressed! Looks like Takom did their research and for the most part, got it right. There are a couple of disappointing errors / design decisions but this has got to be one of the most complete interior kits you can buy. I don't think you will regret picking this one up guys :) 

6 minutes ago, colin said:

How much will be visible after its complete, is there any facility for cut aways to see the detail 

The turret roof is a separate part so it can be left unglued to show off the turret interior. The hull roof isn't removable but the forward transmission cover and engine deck pieces are separate parts. Leave them unglued and you will get a decent view of the hull interior when the turret is removed, like the Trumpeter 1/16 kit.

IMG_03402.JPG

You could cut open the hull yourself but the kit hasn't been designed for it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Porsche as well as Porsche kits with zimm are a bit rare. Got to say the detail is stunning and the zimm is very fine. I too thought that all Porsches had zimm, only found out the other day that 2 survived Normandy

Edited by Algie75