1/72 Bolivian Klemm Kl.25 +++ Finished in 18 hours +++

CliffB

Thanks Stash and Enzo :)

I've just had dinner (away from my bench), which was steak with my other favourite sauce, horseradish :boom:

So it's now 12 hours in (I really thought that I might be finished by now!), and the plane's had its first primer coat and rub down. Just a quick wipe of Perfect Plastic Putty now needed in a few places.

P1090760_zpsuo5wxbkm.jpg

Cliff

• Like 3

Thanks guys :)

I'm just hoping I can keep it up - I'm starting flag a bit now!

14 hours in and the Klemm is silver :coolio:

P1090761_zpsfgwvwuuo.jpg

In order to get along, I've been laying down very thick coats of paint with a quick blow dry in between. Inevitably I've picked up some dust along the way, but worse the paint is still pretty soft (Games Workshop Mithril Silver acrylic).

I've a few little things to do, but may need to take some time out to let the paint harden a bit more before decalling. Definitely no sleep though until it's finished :boxing: !

Cliff

• Like 3

Ditto. Keep on going Cliff. I'm around the same point as you. I hit a bit of a low point after the primer, but had a wee chill out and now have paint on the Xix which is hardening (like yours). I've got a second wind and I'm in it until the end. No surrender

Your Klemm is looking great.

• Like 1

My second wind has been and gone! Time for another coffee!

16 hours in and I have a Bolivian bird...

P1090762_zpsmmvrd8ko.jpg

I've still got to finish trimming one of the tail decals, then it will be on with a satin top coat.

Cliff

• Like 5

It's 18 hours since I started the little Klemm and I'm pleased to say that it is now finished.

P1090763_zpsrwifuyh7.jpg

Note: the gap at the base of the tail fin is supposed to be there!

It's been an 'interesting' experience - overall, I think enjoyable (especially now that it's finished!). A big thank you to Enzo for making it happen and to all you other masochists who came along too.

I'll put photos in the Gallery later today.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4

That's an insanely good model for 18 hours.....I'd still be 'contemplating' and 'sniffing the plastic' after that little time. :winkgrin:

Thanks Sarge. I got my sniffing done before the GB started (hope that was allowed)!

Cliff