Big Nick's Luftwaffe Lightning in challenging 1/72. Too much noble failure

SleeperService

I'm afraid that with 1.5 hours to go I'm having to pull up lame. The green is still virtually the same as it was 10 minutes after painting it. As I've got to be up at 04:00 for work I'm going to leave it to see if it hardens.

I'm a bit miffed as I thought I was in with a good chance of finishing. Maybe next time....

• Like 3

You're a brave man for trying and the end result was better than most of us could possibly have done in the time available. Don't give up on it, complete it and post in RFI; I'll look out for it.

Thanks for the kind words people. They are much appreciated. I'm stuck with enamels because acrylics are instant migraine for me but that's the last time I use Humbrol except for detail stuff.

It's 18 hours since the second coat went on (and only thinly) it's still tacky but is starting to dry in places. The flat is at 29 Deg C. I rest my case M'Lud.

It will be in RFI as soon as I can get it there. This could be the fastest I've ever built a kit at least since I was 10!

• Like 5

I had a lot of trouble with neverdry H enamels in my build but tried to overcome the hurdles, eventually I had to shoot the kit with spray MATT varnish BEFORE decals, to cure the surface. It'd be easy to dump them all if they were all rubbish, but then there are those tins that work like dream... You never know.

• Like 1

Very good points above I may have to move!

I agree about Humbrol some a excellent but others are terrible. I won't be dumping anything but will be careful which I use and where. I have already sorted out the known good and 'tartan' tins for use. The others will only be used after trials. As the grey was fine (brought in the same place at the same time as the green and one other) I made an error of judgement and didn't check the green as well. A third tin (another green) has been flawless on my GPW GB KV-1 so that's one great, one OK and one useless a pretty even spread...

I had a lot of trouble with neverdry H enamels in my build but tried to overcome the hurdles, eventually I had to shoot the kit with spray MATT varnish BEFORE decals, to cure the surface. It'd be easy to dump them all if they were all rubbish, but then there are those tins that work like dream... You never know.

What a Top Tip! It worked with satin varnish as well! It's pretty good now but I'll leave it overnight before I touch it again.

• Like 1