Zvezda 1/72 Tiger 1 (Early)

PlaStix

Thanks Steve and Cliff.

Just a quick post as I've just finished - well about half an hour ago.

One photo just to show the time I stopped:

29291949455_1af7ab3bb4_c.jpg

I have taken more photos including in-progress ones. I will post them either later or tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

Looks great. Your hairy stick skills put the rest of us to shame.

Hi Woodo79. Thank you, you are too kind!

Great finish there Stix. Looks very nice. Currently willing paint to dry enough for a second coat.

Good afternoon! Thanks and I hope your paint is drying quickly. It's been quite warm here today so my acrylic paints were drying very quickly!

Nice going Stix

I'm praying my decals stay stuck!

Thank you and I do hope your decals stay stuck! I was well pleased with the Zvezda ones - I was at that 'don't think I'm going to finish in time' point but they behaved brilliantly - decals straight onto the paint without any gloss coat or Decalfix!

Well done!! That looks stellar!

Looking forward to the RFI

Regards

Ben

Thank you Ben. I'm going to try and get some photos in the gallery this evening.

looks fantastic stix. Well done! can't wait for the RFI

Thank you Aaron - hopefully later today........or maybe tomorrow.

Only took a few photos throughout the day - far to busy! :frantic:

Main assembly done and camo paint applied by stippling:

28671771153_0dde779d9b_c.jpg

28669612834_4e763244b3_c.jpg

All extra parts painted:

29258527106_e92a011bcf_c.jpg

Decals applied - had to risk straight onto the matt paint to save time:

28671743983_22597bd3b3_c.jpg

And then finished:

29213861731_2da4ff8b9e_c.jpg

More photos later I hope!

• Like 1

Cracking build. Love the paint work & detail.

Thank you Hockeyboy76. :thumbsup:

Nice build Stix.

Cheers Ozzy!

Another nice one! Congratulations :thumbsup:

Cliff

Thank you very much Cliff!

Very nice! I suppose the Citadel paints went well on a Zitadelle Tiger

Thank you V-P - most kind!

A real beauty Stix,very well done indeed :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Steve.

Thank you too to Enzo for setting it all up! :coolio:

I think I sort of enjoyed it - mostly during my first build session. On the the Sunday I began to feel the pressure a bit - especially about 3 hours before I needed to finish. I wasn't sure I'd get it finished - and it was far to warm! I managed to drop the front spade due to sweaty fingers and of course it disappeared! Luckily Mrs PlaStix managed to find it in amongst a box of my styrene scrap that was kind of nearby - I'm sure the spade must have flown sideways to reach it! Then I managed to knock the whole lower hull onto the floor!!! Luckily the only thing that got knocked off was one of the rear filters. At this point I decided to just get everything fixed on and stop! I was planning on adding an aerial from stretched sprue and doing a bit more weathering but I daren't risk it!

There were too many wheels to paint and lots of very small, delicate parts to add towards the end on this kit which perhaps made it not the ideal choice despite it being a snap kit. Live and learn!

Never mind - I"m quite pleased with it and may finish it properly at some point.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

Hi Stix,

After your comment in one of my build threads that you've been busy in the Blitzbuild GB, I was curious to take a look. I'm really impressed with your tank build: it's superbly built and finished and quality hasn't been sacrificed to the time constraints. Very well done :thumbsup::clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

How quick!?!?!?! :yikes:

That's dedication and a fine looking model.

Cracking work Stix! :clap2:

Hi Nigel and thank you. Yes it was fairly intense at times! The first day's session was fine but I started to get a bit anxious partway through Sunday as I though about how much more I needed to do.

I began rushing a bit too much and started to mess up a bit......so I brought it swiftly to a conclusion before I broke it completely! I had already dropped the lower hull on the floor - luckily only breaking off one part.

That'd look really good on a nice base with some steppe grass.

Ben

Yeah I'm kind of leaning towards a bit of a base! :thumbsup:

Hi Stix,

After your comment in one of my build threads that you've been busy in the Blitzbuild GB, I was curious to take a look. I'm really impressed with your tank build: it's superbly built and finished and quality hasn't been sacrificed to the time constraints. Very well done :thumbsup::clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you very much Jaime!! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

That is a great build and very nice looking kit.

Greg in OK

Hi Greg and thank you very much for your kind comments. I have to say it is a really nice kit and goes together really well apart from in a three areas. The turret is a bit too tight unless the hole in the hull is enlarged, the upper hull section join to the rear plate is a bit iffy and some of the lovely tools are a little thin and delicate when fitting them - I managed to snap one but then cut one off the two location pins of the others afterwards.

A really nice job of an early Tiger :clap2:

Thank you very much too Mike.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix