Gloster Meteor NF11. 1/72 Xtrakit - FAILED

Jb65rams

After having a rummage through the stash I have decided to go with Xtrakit's 1/72 Gloster Meteor NF11.

Looks relatively straight forward.

BlitzBuild01_Meteor%20NF11_zpspjhbbyol.j

Will be using the kit decals and finishing it in French colours.

However before I can even think about starting, I need to reassemble my work bench. Normally lives in the spare room, but had to pack it away as I had family visiting last week.

Blitzbuild02_WorkBench_zpsgrhl4rou.jpg

Edited by Jb65rams
  • Like 6

After having a rummage through the stash I have decided to go with Xtrakit's 1/72 Gloster Meteor NF11.

:thumbsup:

And now I feel ashamed, as I still haven't completed the kit I started (and failed) for the Meteor STGB.

14:09. Started. Aiming for a single 24hr period, so the finish target is 14:09 Sunday.

BlitzBuild06_Meteor%20NF11_zpsddtr0rvx.j

Before starting had to re-establish my workspace.having reclaimed the spare bedroom.

Form this

Blitzbuild03_WorkBench_zpst8m9iatr.jpg

to this

Blitzbuild05_WorkBench_zpsjy8m1cf8.jpg

14:42. Cockpit assemled.So far so good.

BlitzBuild07_Meteor%20NF11_zps8wanhwbd.j

The filler monster ex-Matchbox Meteor. That's proper bravery in a speedbuild!

Some initial dry-fitting does indicate the filler will be coming to play. Hopefully up for the challenge.

• Like 2

Quote: 'Some initial dry-fitting does indicate the filler will be coming to play.'

Just a teensy, tiny little bit of filler may be required. Good luck with the second stint.

• Like 1

Started early, with a large pot of coffee.

More filling, sanding and finally got some primer on.

Which lead to more filling & sanding.

Priming with Halfords Grey Plastic Primer, to have any chance of finishing I am going have to 'cheat' and once I get a finish I am any where near satisfied with use the primer as the grey in the colour scheme.

Apologies no update photos. Must remember to put the memory card back into the camera after transferring the photos to the PC. Doh!

• Like 1

15 minutes left. I calling this now.

FAILED.

The final straw nose ID decal self destructed.

BlitzBuild16_Meteor%20NF11_zpsuf3geilv.j

I didn't find that an enjoyable experience.

I build for fun, as a way to relax from work, 20mins here and 20mins there.

I have more than enough deadlines at working, bringing them to the workbench removes the fum.

In the future I will stick to the 3 month Group Builds which better suit the way I enjoy tho hobby.

I will finish it but not today.

Good luck to the rest of you..

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...