1/2000 Tirpitz by Aoshima

Hello guys, after 20 years away from the hobby, this is my fourth model. I am sorry but the first three were a total disaster because of putty misuse, uneven door and windshield assembly etc.

As for this model, even though the Tirpitz never had the swastika that size, it came engraved in the plastic. The camouflage of the ship may not correspond to any of the real ones but that's because of my limited painting skills and just the size of the model.

If it is rare to see a ship model this size, here's a link to the collection: here.

Enjoy!

Tirpitz01.jpgTirpitz02.jpgTirpitz03.jpgTirpitz04.jpgTirpitz05.jpgTirpitz06.jpgTirpitz07.jpg

Edited by AlbertoYagi
  • Like 12

Here's a photo I found of while I was making it:

Tirpitz08.jpg

It was quite a joy. However, I have to be more patient and let the paint dry before handling it (especially the glossy ones) and the deck, painted in dessert yellow, was problematic since I had mixed the paint with a tad too much flat base, ruining it in the process. The grey was also mixed at the moment since the light grey, which you can see on the sides was not to my satisfaction. All in all, I spent more time removing paint and fixing mistakes I made myself than making the ship.

If only I learned...

Edited by AlbertoYagi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think you might as well try ships in 1:350 scale. (Because such a tiny model isn't very interesting I think)

I might try 1/350 once. In fact, I built two 1/350s when I was a kid, the Bismark and the Missouri. Couldnt make up my mind as to which was "cooler".

But 1/2000 has its own delights.

• 3 weeks later...