1/72 - Sikorsky S-61R/HH-3F Pelican/Jolly Green Giant resin kit by Scratchaeronautics - released

Homebee

Scratchaeronautics (https://www.facebook.com/Scratchaeronautics/) has just released a serie of 1/72nd Sikorsky S-61R/HH-3F Pelican/Jolly Green Giant resin kits.

- NEW MODEL KIT. HH-3F JOLLY GREEN GIANT. US AFRES VERSION. TWO CAMO SCHEMES (EUROPEAN ONE AND EXPERIMENTAL). ENGRAVED PANEL LINES AND DETAILED COCKPIT, WITH THE SAME QUALITY OF ALL OUR MODEL KITS. FOR BUILD AND PAINT. MADE IN POLYURETHANE RESIN. SALES ON EBAY WITH FREE SHIPPING COST ALONG AUGUST. LIMITED EDITION (50 UNITS)
Source: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252506087971?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Box art
14064030_10154406109736382_3929647698620

- New Model. HH-3 F Pelican. Version us coast guard. Model in polyurethane resin and windows vacuformadas panels in acetate, negative and detailed cabin in relief. With the same quality of all our models to assemble and paint. 1/72. Scale for sale on Ebay with free shipping during the month of August. Limited Edition to 50 units
NEW MODEL KIT. HH-3F PELICAN. US COAST GUARD VERSION). ENGRAVED PANEL LINES AND DETAILED COCKPIT, WITH THE SAME QUALITY OF ALL OUR MODEL KITS. FOR BUILT AND PAINT. MADE IN POLYURETHANE RESIN. SALES ON EBAY WITH FREE SHIPPING COST ALONG AUGUST. LIMITED EDITION (50 UNITS)
Source: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252506099003?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Box art
14067574_10154406114976382_2087613346173

- New Model. HH-3 F Pelican. Version Aeronautica Militare. Model in polyurethane resin and windows vacuformadas panels in acetate, negative and detailed cabin in relief. With the same quality of all our models to assemble and paint. 1/72. Scale for sale on Ebay with free shipping during the month of August. Limited Edition to 50 units
NEW MODEL KIT. HH-3F PELICAN. (AERONAUTICA MILITARE VERSION). ENGRAVED PANEL LINES AND DETAILED COCKPIT, WITH THE SAME QUALITY OF ALL OUR MODEL KITS. FOR BUILT AND PAINT. MADE IN POLYURETHANE RESIN. SALES ON EBAY WITH FREE SHIPPING COST ALONG AUGUST. LIMITED EDITION (50 UNITS)
Source: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252506111501?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Box art

14063901_10154406117996382_2026446303115

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

This looks great! What's the difference here though between this release and the Revell rendering? Aside from being old, is there anything wrong with that which Scratchaeronautics does better out of the box?

Don't forget that Whirlybirds do HH-3E, Pelican and CH-3E in resin. Not bulit mine yet but they look good in the box.

George

• Like 1

This looks great! What's the difference here though between this release and the Revell rendering? Aside from being old, is there anything wrong with that which Scratchaeronautics does better out of the box?

For a starter the Revell kit represents an HH-3E and not the F variant, anyone interested in the latter would have to do some modifications to the basic Revell kit.

And then yes, the Revell kit is old and the detail is the kind expected from a kit released in the '60s

A fair bit of cash to lay done on a unknown brand/kit...can't find any images of the actual parts anywhere even on their FB page...

Still hoping for Italeri myself

Scratchaeronautics is not completely unknown here, their releases have been commented on in this section and their Casa C.101 was built by a fellow Britmodeller not so long ago:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234995393-casa-c-101-aviojet-mirlo-148-patrulla-aguila-finished/

Clearly these products are homemade in the best cottage industry tradition, they seem to require some work from the modeller but at the same time they are not as bad as other resin or short run kits I've seen in the recent past. Personally I'm very tempted by the Italian Pelikan, it will not be easy, will not be cheap but would likely be a better option than converting the Revell kit and adding the required detail. My only concern is that rotor parts in resin may be very fragile...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's just the photos, but some of the proportions seem off. The nose looks too long, or the intakes are too far back, the curve at the back of the transmission tower too steep, and the APU bulge is missing entirely.

The chunky framing and insert window panels remind me of the Aurora kit (shiver & twitch). I'll continue hoarding the old Revell kits.