Ju 88A-4, Sicily, June 1941 (Revell 1/72)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your kind comments, JD! Really much appreciated!

I found a few fit problems in the kit, as mentioned in the initial post and the WIP but the kit is really nicely detailed OOB and builds to a great looking model.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your kind comments, JD! Really much appreciated!

I found a few fit problems in the kit, as mentioned in the initial post and the WIP but the kit is really nicely detailed OOB and builds to a great looking model.

Cheers

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - Any build will result in a great looking model when it's undergone your wizardry. ;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, Paul! Much appreciated, but now you're really going over the top... :blush:

Cheers

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - All those plaudits are richly deserved and if I'm OTT what shall I be like when your 'Phantom' appears?? ;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hi Paul,

Thanks again! I'm impatiently awaiting some free time to finish my Royal Navy Phantom and carry on with the Alcock & Brown and RAF camouflaged Phantom. It's a shame but I've been put off by several problems with the decals and now I'd really like to finish some "quick" builds for the on-going GBs.

In addition to the GPW GB, I'd like to enter the following kits in this year's on-going/remaining GBs:

• Tamiya's 1/72 FW 190 A3 in the FW 190 GB
  • Revell's 1/144 Concorde in the Airliners GB
  • Fly's 1/72 Bf 108 Taifun OR Airfix's 1/72 Bf 109 E7 Trop OR Eduard's 1/48 Spitfire Mk IX in the MTO GB (any votes? :) )
  • Tamiya's 1/72 8th Air Force P-51D in the P-51 Mustang GB

I also have two Eduard 1/72 La-7 which I'd very much like to build in the GPW GB but I won't have time for that and I'll do them as regular WIPs.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely superb Jaime, the detail you've added is epic!!

Congratulations on making such a wonderful model,

Sean

Edited by sean
double post
  • Like 1

Thank you very much, Roberto! Very kind comments :)

The kit was indeed a difficult one, not only due to the complexity (added by all the PE) and size but also because I wasn't expecting so many fit problems.

Cheers

Jaime

Superb bit of modelling Jamie your 88 looks absolutely stunning no wonder it is so popular , I would not mind one of these myself in 1/32 scale I like the idea of the desert scheme.

Also like your 109's :thumbsup:

:goodjob:

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot JD tiger 1, very kind! Installing the ammo belts was a real test to my patience and I spent a lot of time thinking about the best way to install them. In reality, since the beginning of the build it was the most stressful aspect of the build going on in the background of my thoughts. I hope the WIP is clear about how I tackled it, so that other can have an easier task when doing it.

Cheers

Jaime