Italeri asking about new kits.

GreenDragon

Don't have Facebook but if I did I'd suggest they issue that Canberra B.2 they promised years ago.

Trevor

They are asking for emails, at least in first phase.

Don't have Facebook but if I did I'd suggest they issue that Canberra B.2 they promised years ago.

Trevor

I'd like that Canberra B.2 to finally turn up too. The link I posted is Italeri's own site, nothing goes through Facebook.

Paul Harrison

I sent some emails to Italeri:

Type C1 class freighter

160ogn6.jpg

Victory class freighter

30k3yq9.jpg

Tu-22M3 Backfire bomber

2usa905.jpg

Tu-95KM bomber

729bia.jpg

Beech King Air something something (Malta Air force)

Airliners.net picture removed

Mercedes Actros military

210yuls.jpg

Mercedes Actros 4148 dump truck

20fq1du.jpg

I couldn't find a good photo of an Actros 4460 model, with a configuration I though looked the best (big crane + open cargo). :( Google didn't want to show me more than a few images in my image search, and I am NOT getting an account.

I thought the Victory class ships would be a lot longer than the Liberty ships, but they aren't that much longer.

I'd settle for a sensible pricing policy for their existing range.

Agreed. Haven't bought a full price Italeri model for some years now. Either wait for a sale or sensible price via ebay.

Chris

You'll get no argument from me about that!! :lol:. It's a shame about the pricing policy because there are a lot of really nice kits to be had in the range. Recent acquisition of mine was a pair of Fortress 1s at a far more sensible price of £23.99 each.

Allan

I put in a vote for the SIAI Marchetti SF.260:

sf260-2.jpg

net photo

It's been quite an important little aircraft in both training and light attack for many years.

It's served around 40 countries, so there's no shortage of colour options one could have for it and the aftermarket could have a field day making decal sheets for it.

If you don't like bright trainers, it could be built armed and in camo. If you're not a military modeler, there's enough of the type out on the civil side of things in some quite attractive schemes to keep you happy.

So far, it's only been kitted in resin. After having had my sanity tested by the Planet Models 1/72 kit of the subject, which could have been much better engineered considering the cost of it, I'd gladly buy a full squadron worth of a styrene rendition.

• Like 2

A re-issue of the 1/72 S-55 kits!

Oh yes!

And Italeri should do their homework and go through all major Italian and multinational types that are not yet properly covered: AMX, G91Y, A109, AW139 and many other types already mentioned above.

• Like 3

Tu-22M3 Backfire bomber

I wouldn't ask Italeri for that one, they'd just dust off the dated and woefully inaccurate Esci molds to do it.

Trumpeter already has the M3 version covered. It's more expensive, but it does blow the old Esci kit out of the water.

• Like 2

1/72 mig -19 - there is no decent kit of this airplane available and it isn't exactly an obscure airplane either . Been heavily involved in many theatres .

• Like 2

1/72 mig -19 - there is no decent kit of this airplane available and it isn't exactly an obscure airplane either . Been heavily involved in many theatres .

I agree entirely!

I think the reason we don't see one is that the bulk of combat it saw was out in the Middle East or Africa. In Vietnam, the MiG-17 was a far more prevalent adversary.

Perhaps that has led to a presumption on the part of manufacturers that there may be too small a market for a good kit of one.

A few years ago, at one of the shows here in the Czech Republic, I asked the head guys at both AZ Models and Eduard if they would consider new tooled kits of the MiG-19 and they both said they had no intentions of doing so. I felt that a bit strange as the type had been license built in the former Czechoslovakia back in the day.

• Like 1

If they were to continue down the path of the Stirling and Sunderland, how about ..... a new 1/72 Avro Lincoln?

I just hope that the recessed panel line engraver is set just a little less deep this time around.

Cheers.. Dave (there's plenty more, however I'll settle for just one).

• Like 1

I'll second that. Don't know why the MiG-19 has been so overlooked.

Agree - it has been sadly neglected. In 1/72 anyway. Trumpeter's 1/32 & 1/48 MiG-19s are excellent but, that is not much use to anyone looking for a smaller scale kit. Of course, a number of Soviet Cold War types are neglected - The Yak 25/28 series, The Tupolev TU-28, SU-7/9/11/17/22 to name but a few!

Allan

Now, how about one of these!!

Image_tb_shadow.png

Edited by Albeback52

One of the Japanese companies are doing Thunderbird S, not sure of the scale but IIRC it's 1/144th. Maybe Tomy or Bandai? The Bilek MiG19 is pretty good, nice panel lines, not sure if it's still available though.

Paul Harrison

One of the Japanese companies are doing Thunderbird S, not sure of the scale but IIRC it's 1/144th. Maybe Tomy or Bandai? The Bilek MiG19 is pretty good, nice panel lines, not sure if it's still available

1/144? That's a pity. No good to me I'm afraid. Didn't know Bilek did a MiG 19 though. Will keep my eyes peeled for that one

Edited by Albeback52

One of the Japanese companies are doing Thunderbird S, not sure of the scale but IIRC it's 1/144th. Maybe Tomy or Bandai? The Bilek MiG19 is pretty good, nice panel lines, not sure if it's still available though.

Paul Harrison

Bilek Mig-19 "pretty good"?! Did we build different kits or something? The only good thing about the Bilek Mig-19 is that it exists...