Italeri asking about new kits.

GreenDragon

Italeri posted on Facebook that they want new tool kit suggestions. Here's their page telling you to send .jpg pics of what you want. http://italeri.com/news_scheda.asp?idNews=681

Got to find some piccies of the AMX (1/72nd), P180, Agusta A109 (SAS operated one) and that Agusta/Sikorsky S-61R Jolly Green Giant.

Paul Harrison

• Like 4

I've asked for them to issue.

1/32 Hurricane

Continue their Mirage series with a 2000D in 1/32

A new toooled HE-111 in 1/48 scale

And I've dared them to go for a 1/48 Whitley VII. The Whitley could be amazing if they get their A team on it and get it right.

Not sure if there's much within my scope that's also within italeris remit.....suppose new tools for f-111 and others that hasegawa only release once in blue moon would be welcome.......

wouldn't mind seeing a few already on the cat reissued....KC135R for one...

Edited by PhantomBigStu

I don't have, nor will I ever have, a facebook account, so if anyone has one, feel free to add the following to Italeri's list: :)

1:48 KingAir B200

1:144 Backfire bomber

1:144 B-52 bomber

1:144 Tu-95KM (ancient naval cruise missile bomber)

1:350 Victory class freighter

1:24 Mercedes Actros 4460 w.big nice crane (the utility truck with larger wheels, NOT the trailer vehicle)

Here's a photo of some toy showing the general look of the truck (though this is a cement vehicle, but it should show the wheel configuration):

24zvbqh.jpg

• Like 1

Seem to recall they did something similar several years ago via their website but cant find the results.

Again from memory AMX 1/48 came out high up but......

And not sure if any notice taken of wants list would be nice to be wrong though.

Cheers

Chris

I don't have, nor will I ever have, a facebook account, so if anyone has one, feel free to add the following to Italeri's list: :)

As stated on the Italeri link, suggestions are to be done by email. Result of the selection will be communicated via FB but you don't have to have an FB account to browse an FB page. The account is necessary to "Like", leave comments, not for reading.

My vote is for a new 1:72 MiG-17. Either the standard fighter like this one I photographed at evergreen air and space museum, in Oregon USA.

https://flic.kr/p/r6Qrj

Or the ground attack version made by the Polish. Photographed this one at the tillamook air museum, also in Oregon USA. This one is in a fictional scheme.

https://flic.kr/p/qxv44y

Not sure if there's much within my scope that's also within italeris remit.....suppose new tools for f-111 and others that hasegawa only release once in blue moon would be welcome.......

wouldn't mind seeing a few already on the cat reissued....KC135R for one...

The same Italeri very recently did a similar survey asking modellers what existing mould they'd like to see reissued, may be worth checking if the survey is still open

• Like 1

The same Italeri very recently did a similar survey asking modellers what existing mould they'd like to see reissued, may be worth checking if the survey is still open

just checked, closed last month....shame

don't follow italeri much, not a big fan of the kits I've seen from them unless its someone elses kit, then again I doubt any I've seen are there recent work, though saying that sunderland and sterling would probably meet my approval in the flesh

Edited by PhantomBigStu

What I'd like Italeri to do as new tools:

Italian, any subject, any scale (but prefer 1/72).

Uniquely Italian subjects that the Italian market would like, and us collector / modelers would scoop up around the world.

My impression is that this policy works for Japanese makers, Chinese makers, Russian makers, British makers; well, you get my drift.

Tim

New tool 1:48 S-55/H-19/Whirlwind, preferably with options to build drooped boom, torpedo bay, and turbine nose - the world is long overdue this.

I didn't realise that they had Canberras listed before, be interesting to see how they would have turned out.

• Like 1

I wish Italeri produce normal 1/72 AFV models too, not only simplified for wargaming.

I have sent those:

1/72 Fiat 3000 tank

!/72 L6/40 tank

1/350 Spanish submarine General Sanjurjo (Ex italian Torricelli Archimede-class submarine)

1/72 Fiat Cr.20 fighter.

Edited by Botan

If their 1/32 Mirage is anything to go by (See the IIIC build on Aeroscale by 'Steve')....how about some kits where the parts actually fit each other ! The nose on that thing especially is a mile out.

Gary