Separate Pocher build thread please, Admin..

neilm

Let's have a show of hands for a separate Pocher sub heading for all us lovers of this unique product.

All in favour keep adding and let this forum dominate the top few listings. Eh?

It's been suggested umpteen times.

It ain't going to happen....

Anything 'big stuff' gets little interest hence my own lack of frequent updates.

Sadly it seems 1/24 is the standard which is fine - keep 'em coming lads.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1

I like the fact that all sizes are kept together, and I like Roy's threads too - we have much to learn from you, Roy! And you make such interesting subjects in sizes that most of us are scared to try! Keep it coming (And Codger too, please!)

I think that with a separate Pocher sub-forum you will get even less interest in your work. Sharing is caring (apparently).

Morning Chaps :bye:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... If you make a separate heading it will mean ill have to update and continue building my Bugatti, (after, of course, the usual customary telling off for not building from Codger and Roy...)

Roy, Codg, you two are the inspirational giants of big scale stuff... maybe we dont always comment, but your stuff really is amazing

:ninja: Mad Steve :ninja:

• Like 1

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...... If you make a separate heading it will mean ill have to update and continue building my Bugatti, (after, of course, the usual customary telling off for not building from Codger and Roy...)

Roy, Codg, you two are the inspirational giants of big scale stuff... maybe we dont always comment, but your stuff really is amazing

And that BIG E-type you've just bought!

Get a move on, old chap!

Mad Man - you're very kind with your comments.No telling-off or beatings for you. But a fervent wish that you would participate with your Bug's rehab. The idea is to enlighten and hopefully entertain.

To be clear, Roy and I post for discussion, pro or con and to elicit tips, ideas and dialog, not for raves. I understand Roy's frustration about spotty engagement but in the end, we build for ourselves. I too miss Roy's work posted here.

In my case, I surely don't expect viewers to have the patience to sit through the years I'm investing in my project. So I have stopped making noise about a dedicated Pocher forum. I just wish for the dormant project builders (you know who you are) and the scragglers like me to not abandon their builds and continue for the edification of the enthusiasts.

If you want your own forum for larger models, then you'll have to use the one you have now and show us how different and significant the genre is. Since you aren't even posting your builds here Roy, how do you expect us to put in the extra work to make and moderate a separate forum. It's workd for other genres, but if you can't be bothered supporting the current forum, how do you expect a smaller forum to work?

.... Since you aren't even posting your builds here Roy, how do you expect us to put in the extra work to make and moderate a separate forum. It's workd for other genres, but if you can't be bothered supporting the current forum, how do you expect a smaller forum to work?

If you read my post, I haven't asked for a Pocher area as I fully understand there won't be one.

It's a fact that although the big stuff is different, there are actually only half a dozen people who have any interest.

If you look at the majority of comments in any of the Pocher/big threads, it's the same few who comment, who are also the other biggie builders.

I can appreciate that a separate area for 5-6 people isn't viable.

I have been a BIG supporter of the vehicles section over the past few years but there really does seem to be little overall interest in the giant builds.

I have by no means abandoned the forum - I'm just not posting my big builds as 'fully' or as often as I did. Maybe an update is due.

I still follow others and offer advice or suggestions though, and shall continue to do so.

Edited by roymattblack