Looks like you've come a long way with this build, I didn't realize this was going on at all tbh! I'm glad I stumbled upon it and got to see your progress before it was consigned to the archives. :)

Keep going if you can, you've eclipsed my model efforts this year and doubtless will next year too! 

Cheers Rob!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, modelglue said:

Looks like you've come a long way with this build, I didn't realize this was going on at all tbh! I'm glad I stumbled upon it and got to see your progress before it was consigned to the archives. :)

Keep going if you can, you've eclipsed my model efforts this year and doubtless will next year too! 

Cheers Rob!

Hey MG, glad to have you here for the final leg mate. I can imagine you haven't had any time for modelling with all you have on! I remember my two being little, barely a second spare and I wasn't giving my house an overhaul!

I managed to sneak some time on this thanks to an early start from the wee ones.

she got a micro mesh, touch up here and there, gloss coat, transfers, two Matt coats and then all the little pokey bits stuck on and painted....so very close. need to give her a good check over then weather the exhausts and we should be done!

hase transfers filled me with fear...I feel that's justified.... and they were fragile as expected, all went down ok apart from the tail codes that both split! Save on one the other is not perfect but liveable with

Rob

• Like 2

And here are the pictures to prove it!

31843855895_47b4ea5b52_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

There's the wife....close ups are not kind on my work! (Or my work is just poor)

31727434211_177fe9929f_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31806067146_2bb6fe013c_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31696560492_267a818e0a_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31696423152_f37bbed412_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Honestly I am pleased with it, but it's not my best work, there are some areas that I should have cleaned up pre painting but something to remember next time!!

That's me tapping out of this GB, thanks to the hosts! It's been a hoot, my favourite so far I would say. Also thanks everyone for your support!

Rob

• Like 3

On 12/24/2016 at 9:14 AM, rob85 said:

Honestly I am pleased with it, but it's not my best work, there are some areas that I should have cleaned up pre painting but something to remember next time!!

I respectfully disagree Rob, it's one of my favorites - the NMF is wonderful and did you brush paint the yellow. If so, you've done the impossible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

I respectfully disagree Rob, it's one of my favorites - the NMF is wonderful and did you brush paint the yellow. If so, you've done the impossible.

That is awfully kind of you cookie! Yes all brush painted mate, the yellow took about 8-9million thin coats... that may be an exaggeration....but not by much I am sure, painting yellow is not my favourite past time.

Rob  

• Like 2