Hi Rob,

Your son and daughter did a really great job on their builds! Their dad is obviously an excellent inspiration!!

The Boston's interior looks really good to me too! Nicely done.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Rob,

Your son and daughter did a really great job on their builds! Their dad is obviously an excellent inspiration!!

The Boston's interior looks really good to me too! Nicely done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers stix, I hope I am, let's see if it lasts as they grow up!

i have done more work on the Boston today, added (probably too much and too far back) nose weight of lead pellets and milliput then went to town with the brilliant mr hobby iron paint (cheers again Ced). It's great left it over night then gave in a brush and the engines look great... Very clever stuff. Photos soon

Rob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cookenbacher said:

What a great project Rob, and glad to see the next generation working on their own twins. 

Cheers cookie! Nice to see you on hear, I may be looking in the wrong place but haven't seen much of you?

Rob 

• Like 1

Cheers cookie, always good to have you lurking...

i have this weekend off and need to get my backside into gear if I want to finish anything for this GB, I don't want another BofB GB! So close!

Rob 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Rob. Any more progress with this project?

Kind regards,

Stix

Actually stix yes! Quite a lot.... the b-26 has had lots of paint put on it, b-25 has her nose on and the Boston is sealed up and it's nose is half on with a lot of graft! 

Anyway my tablet is being a huge pain so once that's sorted I will get pics up!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Evening Rob

Have the Robettes started on their Spitfires yet ?

cheers Pat

Love their pet name pat. They want to start them this weekend as they finish school Friday and I am off Sunday. The girl is very keen to do it OOB but the boy is talking about all kinds of mad colours!!

Update tonight I promise! Bought a new charger cable for the tablet...

Rob

• Like 3

Look at me posting actual progress!! No really I am!!

So I started with the very handy pot of Mr colour iron that Ced got me, cheers again mate.

30775344350_9eaaaf46ea_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Hey who is that cheeky little chap sneaking in! 

And here is a before and after polish pic.... is cracking stuff

31131714226_991ac5ab66_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

So I then glued some guns into the b-25' nostrils!

31354049471_40d60c9d92_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Rather nicely detailed really considering the kit.

While I had the very nice gator grip (cheers again ced for the recommendation) I got the turret sorted for the Boston.

30628189404_4acc49c2fd_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

And then decided to work kn getting her sealed up!

31469497635_1f5d18412f_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

The seem is a bit naf, I can safely say it's my fault, went a little too far with the lead and milliput... 

30674648554_9236d2add7_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Really don't know how this happened!

31517664586_734dbdc879_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

I clamped and taped and checked and checked and still this isn't lined up!! With this success still fresh in my mind I dry fitted the nose.... oh Jesus.

31145468420_0c85199b59_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

What a treat! So in a fit of WWND, this happened!

31478733316_06adde0cb8_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31516332165_ad6d354903_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Where did that come from? Mask, sand, fill, sand is needed I think...

So on to the b-26! She had her bottom painted royal grey from tamiya.

31099624430_5b583311b8_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Then tamiya OD, here are the first two coats which were then given a fading with the micromesh.

30708074123_677f0fdd35_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Then some panels were picked out with another shade of OD and given another fade with the micromesh... Joe is right, it's adictive, don't start

30706292133_8402bd7264_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Happy with the finish, I will gloss then transfers followed by a matt coat, after all that pastels will be used to bring out a sun bleached look... hopefully 

Oh and here was a clever little trick for the engine intakes as they had gaps in the edges

31145859780_127b2c4b0b_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Followed by a quick wipe and the gator grip sealed them, handy

30708020673_004f441e76_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

So that's pretty much it, I hope to get the Boston and Mitchell painted this week then the b-26 pretty much finished off followed by the other two the week after... I hope being key in all this...

Cheers for dropping bye! 

Oh and a random children story, they were writing their Christmas list and amongst to normal kids crap that they put down was (the girl) picture of the clouds in a blue sky.... as I don't see them enough and (the boy) a giant pear (high five him for that which he didn't understand and was frowned upon by the misses) so I can munch on it forever.... odd little cookies, must get it from the mother....

Bye 

Rob

• Like 3

Wow. Nothing for ages and then BOOM! They're looking great Rob.

Good save on the canopy - real modelling that!

Glad you like the iron... lovely stuff.

• Like 1

Cheers both, it's appreciated!

ced "real modelling that" I like to dabble in  it amongst the putting plastic together and sanding it.... however I have just realised I will need to paint the inside of the top seam as it will be visable, could be annoying.

simon "not far now" very true however a lot can still go wrong!

day off tomorrow and I have an interview for selling white line paint... actually a lot more interesting than it sound!! Wish me luck

Rob

• Like 1

I am starting to feel like I might actually get two of these finished, I will push for the third but the nose is fighting me on the Boston, I have been sanding but now it needs more masking then filling then sanding again before I can think about anything else on it!

And way here are the other two! B-26 first....

She got her gloss coat after another micromesh, and the next evening the stickers went on!

30827058294_de207dcb3a_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

After all this I noticed a few more touch ups which will need seeing to but I will see to that when this is all set.... but for now here are some close ups... don't look for to long please....

31668195325_5d8566bae5_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Wow that makes the frame work look bad.... I will need to see how I can tidy that up! However the transfers from the Xtradecals sheet are really nice and settled down with just hot water and a dab with some cotton wool

31295770410_9bb9e96b6f_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

I will start touch ups and matt coat tomorrow night then get all the little bits added on before a final weathering.

Then onto what I feel will be my most challenging paint scheme so far. So last night I spent my time doing about 4 million thinned coats of yellow and the first coat of citidal metal paints. Then after a good dry over night I micromeshed. .. as is the fashion .... gave her another coat and this is the state of play this morning.

31533793681_6b0e2f5b30_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31612936286_9db0e42948_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Then after my interview, which I think went ok... they sounded positive! I started using varied shades of metal to give the patchwork effect of a NMF. I am rather happy with it as a first with a hairy stick.

Here is a comparison of one wing done and one not

31631448896_306e45ffef_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

Can you see??

Here is where is stands as of now.

31295809710_b5657556df_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31295809710_b5657556df_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

31668222625_74c21ea489_k.jpgUntitled by robert mulvey, on Flickr

I will leave that for a good dry and then micromesh before I decide what to do next....

Comment, critique and tips welcome!

Rob

• Like 6

I got a fair amount of work done on the b-26, I have to say she looks a meaty beast with the engines, 4 blade props and all her doors open :).... so cheek guns are done, touch ups on paint work done, bomb bay and landing gear doors done, few little pokey bits done, landing gear legs and most of the wheels done (missed a bit out the middle of the nose wheel so need to re think that)... airfix lied, not for the last time I am sure, she is a complete tail sitter with no wheight up front.... so tiny ladder done.... once the nose wheel is on, one frame line painted one the turret and she is given a pastel weathering I will call her finished!

hopefully this will all be finished tomorrow morning using the kids spitfires as cover.... cheers again pat! Very helpful in more ways than one...

Rob

• Like 2

They are all looking fab and great to see the V-Viking decals being used, I like your weathering on the Marauder too,

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

They are all looking fab and great to see the V-Viking decals being used, I like your weathering on the Marauder too,

Cheers

Tony 

Tony, that means a lot! Even more so considering the hand you played in their making, thanks.

Rob

• Like 1