Revell Dassault Rafale or Oh Those Stencils ! Part Two

Some time ago I bought a unboxed Rafale from Ebay for a pittance, not sure if it ever had any decals or I lost 'em. But to save wasting a kit I ended up buying some after market decals from Syhart(via Hannants). This is probably false economy as the decals cost about 3 times what I paid for kit :banghead: , but anyway ..........

The kits not bad actually with plenty of detail and goes together well. Decals sre superb and you could actualy build three examples from the decals supplied..........obviously I went for the one with the flashy tailfin(although you only get 2000ltr tanks with the kit which were not used on this example at Tigermeet, so some slight artistic licence there). Some of the stencils are like dust specks in this scale and a bit superfluous. Didn't bother with the missiles(as yet)

Colour is a 50:50 mix of Vallejo MA 114 and 46, with a coating of Vallejo satin varnish(a bit on the glossy side I reckon) wash was lamp black oil paint and white spirit.

Now all I need is someone to say "Is it 1/32" LOL :fool:

All positive critique welcome

Cheers, Saddler

IMG_0118.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0120.jpgIMG_0121.jpgIMG_0122.jpgIMG_0123.jpgIMG_0117.jpg

• Like 6