1/144 - Handley-Page Hastings C.Mk.1/Mk.2 by MikroMir - released - new T.5 boxing

Homebee

• 6 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Handley-Page Hastings C.Mk.1/Mk.2 by MikroMir - 3D renders+parts - release in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Handley-Page Hastings C.Mk.1/Mk.2 by MikroMir - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2021

If I remember rightly, the last of the Hastings operated out of Scampton, 1066 Squadron ?? (was it the late 1970's):hmmm:

They used to be over the house regularly, we being in the circuit for them as well as the Vulcans :idea:

Edited by Mancunian airman

8 hours ago, 71chally said:

Great that they have facilitated the two tailplane positions👍

..and include the radome for a T.5. Can see several boxings for this.  Can't wait - will go nicely with their Beverley and Argosy. Now we need an Andover C.1 and a Varsity. 

• Like 5

Just ordered the Argosy and Beverly and this will do nicely, now pushing my luck how about a Tudor and a Hermes? i was luck enough to fly in a Hastings, 1977 I think , and did air to air photo shoot with BoB Spitfire and Hurricane, Probably my second aviation high spot after first solo.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Handley-Page Hastings C.Mk.1/Mk.2 by MikroMir - 3D renders+sprues+box art+decals - release in 2021

Quite looking forward to getting my hands on one of these now. A little disappointing that there's only one decal option, I'd like to do a silver one like the one at Duxford (I don't know if this would need some modification or not). Looks like they've got the parts for a T5, hopefully more boxes are coming 

10 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

At last, an injection-molded Hastings!  Now, if someone would just scale this up by a factor of two...  Hello, Valom?

Good call...:thumbsup:

...or maybe... go on Airfix. You know it makes sense!  Ah... a Handley Page Haystack in a big red box...  I can just imagine it now. 48 sqn markings lined-up next to my Airfix 205 sqn Shack on the RAF Changi apron mid 1960's about to head off for a jungle drop-zone...  :daydream: 

In the meantime, very happy with one or two in 1/144 (there is a Berlin Airlift version I want too!)

Rich

PS what's next for MikroMir? I seem to recall a Short Belfast C.1 being mentioned in the past...:wub:

Edited by RichG
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, RichG said:

...or maybe... go on Airfix. You know it makes sense! :wink:

Rich

PS what's next for MikroMir? I seem to recall a Short Belfast C.1 being mentioned in the past...:wub:

That would be cool

2 hours ago, RichG said:

They did mention a Vulcan B1 at one point .. 

I am well happy that this is coming to light at last, it has been a long time coming, but well worth the wait! I loved the Beverley, and have the Argosy in the stash. Importantly, I have saved up for it already.

Bring it on!

Ray

Oh, yes, it would certainly be nice if Hannants (or others) brought out some other options too.

On 5/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, Adam Poultney said:

Quite looking forward to getting my hands on one of these now. A little disappointing that there's only one decal option, I'd like to do a silver one like the one at Duxford (I don't know if this would need some modification or not). Looks like they've got the parts for a T5, hopefully more boxes are coming 

Yes, that box top that Hombee posted is confusing as it says 'Hastings C.1', but TG505 was a Hastings T.5?  If you look at the tail section, there will be boxings and decals for a C.1 ( actually the decal scheet for TG527 is for a choice of the same aircraft at different periods in its life - 1950s  and 1960s ) The Duxfod Hastings is a C1A so requires no modification. Just use the decals supplied and change the serial TG527 to TG528.   

Edited by AMB

9 hours ago, AMB said:

Yes, that box top that Hombee posted is confusing as it says 'Hastings C.1', but TG505 was a Hastings T.5? 

Confusing yes. The box art definitely depicts a Hasings T.5 colour scheme and there are parts for on the sprues for its large ventral radome. The 8 T.5s were converted from C.1s... maybe that's confused things or maybe its a typo on the box art. Either way I assume this means there will be at least 2 boxings!

Interestingly TG505 was also a Hastings Met.1 weather reconnaissance aircraft of 202 Squadron RAF Coastal Command for part of its life!

Rich

Edited by RichG

On 5/1/2021 at 10:33 PM, RichG said:

I can just imagine it now. 48 sqn markings lined-up next to my Airfix 205 sqn Shack on the RAF Changi apron mid 1960's about to head off for a jungle drop-zone...  :daydream: 

I second that.  As a young lad I flew Whenuapai New Zealand to Changi Singapore on RNZAF Hastings with my parents for dad to take up posting in Singapore.  A meer five day journey due to horrendous lightning storms around Perth Australia and the Indonesia/Malaysia Confrontation which meant we could not transit over any part of Indonesia so Perth - Singapore leg included a brief fuel stopover at Cocos Island with the lagoon we passed over on finals before landing FULL of sharks.  Thank god they had four (WW2 era😳) engines. Numerous later visits to Changi I always looked out for the noses of the Hastings pointing to the sky. 

Edited by dcrfan
  • Like 4

Not my scale or normal subject but I’ve always been fascinated by the Hastings. Saw a few operating out of Coningsby back in the early 70’s - had to ask someone what they were! Preorders in.

Nice. I wonder if it will be as fiddly as the Argosy I tried.  I am thinking a RNZAF scheme. The nose of the last one in NZ is at the MOTAT Museum Auckland. 

LheGXl.jpg

bqxUf2.jpg

wqPcqi.jpg

It was saved from scrapping so only the nose and some bits as seen in the pics exist of it. The guy who showed me round asked if I knew of any pilots seats here in the UK.. they are needing one.

• Like 4