1/144 - Handley-Page Hastings C.Mk.1/Mk.2 by MikroMir - released - new T.5 boxing

Homebee

Interesting but what's this company like? Are the kits quite rough and short run?

I bought their Tupolev TB1 in 1/72 recently. I have not done it yet, but in box it looks wonderful.

J-W

• 2 years later...

Has there been any update on this?

I slightly feared the Welsh Models kit killed the idea but I think this looks a much more promising kit (and I have built Mikromir kits before so know they are fickle lovers). 

49 minutes ago, ajmm said:

Has there been any update on this?

I slightly feared the Welsh Models kit killed the idea but I think this looks a much more promising kit (and I have built Mikromir kits before so know they are fickle lovers). 

The project is not buried
We just have some technical problems, which do not allow to speed up production. It is sure to be.

• Like 8

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, AMB said:

Apparently this was revealed four years ago, but no idea why it has taken so long, so many of us had given up on it.

I was hoping that they reconsidered and decided to do it in 72nd.

I don't see the Hastings as a big seller in 1/72.  It would however be a very expensive tool for a small company.  Part of me looks at my stash and says "I don't need this in 1/144 either" but the other part says it'll go very nicely with my (unmade) Halton and (unmade) Hermes.  (Almost) anything HP is a must-buy for me, as an ex-apprentice.  I just wish that Corgi had continued with their diecast 1./144 postwar airlines/transports to have saved me the angst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Boak said:

I don't see the Hastings as a big seller in 1/72.

Probably, I think it would have good UK and ok worldwide sales, but some of the European companies, such as Mikromir / AMP, Sword, Special Hobby, Valom etc, are coming out with some real gems that aren't necessarily big sellers, I wouldn't have thought that we would have seen Kalinin designs, Vickers Valetta, or even a 48th scale Sycamore. 

The Hastings isn't that big an aircraft, about the size of a Shackleton. 

At the time of the original announcement, MikroMir pretty much only made 144th scale and I'm assuming an 'upscale' would involve a complete restart of the project.

I hope they do return to 144th for some of their other projects too.