I found this while looking for info on Daimler Scout Cars.

http://www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk/index.html

This page contains links that include images of other vehicles and scenarios - useful reference for storage &c

http://www.daimler-fighting-vehicles.co.uk/ww2.html

• Like 1

This might help with British colours

British Vehicle Camouflage, 1939-45 http://www.mafva.net/other%20pages/starmer%20camo.htm

I'm pretty sure I saw the article mentioned elsewhere on BM recently

Yep seen that one.... Going to try to make light stone from buff and brown.... Or maybe simple buff and use weathering.... Plus may do 1 door in a different shade to show a repair/salvage from. Another vehicle

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A link with selection of pictures from official manuals of WW2 Italian aircrafts. Useful for the superdetailers but also for anyone who wants to add something more in cockpit and wheel wells or need to better understand the shape of certain components

http://www.cmpr.it/manuali.htm

The page is in Italian but the pictures speak for themselves. Just to clarify:

- Catalogo Nomenclatore: it's a catalogue listing the number of every part of the aircraft. These catalogues include drawings of the various assemblies and subassemblies

- Manuale per il Montaggio: it's the Italian equivalent of the American erection manuals, a manual illustrating how the aircraft must be assembled. These manuals include pictures and drawings of many details of the aircraft

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

RAF desert camouflage.

Mid stone & dark earth upper surface

Lower surface Azure blue or sky grey?

Azure was used for sure and it's likely that the vast majority of RAF aircrafts carried this colour on their undersides in the desert.

Sky Grey was not used, it was a colour meant for use on the undersides of FAA aircrafts only and only in the early WW2 years (later replaced by Sky).

Azure was however not the only colour used for undersides in the desert and others are known to have been used. Light Mediterranean Blue was used for sure, Sky was also used while Sky Blue may have been used.

What subject are you interested in ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

That apostrophe doesn't help, try this

Thank you, my link did not work properly.

The PDF file is very nice so I am grateful you could help others access it.

Greg in OK

• Like 1

On 19 September 2016 at 11:44 AM, Giorgio N said:

Azure was used for sure and it's likely that the vast majority of RAF aircrafts carried this colour on their undersides in the desert.

Sky Grey was not used, it was a colour meant for use on the undersides of FAA aircrafts only and only in the early WW2 years (later replaced by Sky).

Azure was however not the only colour used for undersides in the desert and others are known to have been used. Light Mediterranean Blue was used for sure, Sky was also used while Sky Blue may have been used.

What subject are you interested in ?

A P40 of 260sqn. 

I have images of the crashed one I am building and although almost all of the upper paint has been sand blasted off, the image of the lower wing in colour clearly shows the roundel and to my eye the lower wing is a grey instead of blue, but that may just be the light or the effects of the weather. 

19 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

A P40 of 260sqn. 

I have images of the crashed one I am building and although almost all of the upper paint has been sand blasted off, the image of the lower wing in colour clearly shows the roundel and to my eye the lower wing is a grey instead of blue, but that may just be the light or the effects of the weather. 

With a P-40 there's the possibility that US colours were used... IIRC Kittyhawks were initially delivered in Temperate Land Scheme using US colours, aicrafts operating in the desert were repainted by the RAF so would have used the proper RAF paints.These aircraft can be identified by the presence of a darker colour around the serial number, that was masked while repainting in the new scheme

Later aircrafts were painted in the desert scheme in the US. The colours used by Curtiss on desert scheme aircrafts seem to have been pretty close to the RAF ones, however these US aircrafts are not really something I know a lot about...

• Like 1