Stuck on a Stuka. Ju-87B-2 Stuka 1/48 Hasegawa

Thanks for giving us something real nice to look at while waiting for airfix B1.

Which paint did you use for the RLM04 yellow? I tried Humbrol enamel, Tamiya and Gunze acrylics and I always end up by putting too much paint to get good coverage and it stays somewhat "sticky" to the touch.

Edited by PattheCat
  • Like 1

Thanks for giving us something real nice to look at while waiting for airfix B1.

Which paint did you use for the RLM04 yellow? I tried Humbrol enamel, Tamiya and Gunze acrylics and I always end up by putting too much paint to get good coverage and it stays somewhat "sticky" to the touch.

Testors MM enamel.Their enamel line carries all the popular RLM colors, in fact this whole build was painted with them. RLM 70, 71, 65, 23, and 04. I almost never use acrylics, unless I absolutely have to. And that's a reason why, inconsistent results.

Thanks Habu12.

I've got MM RLM 79 but never tested it. (in the process of - trying to - step over to acrylics). I'll give it a go on my next 109E.

Edited by PattheCat
  • Like 1

Thanks Habu12.

I've got MM RLM 79 but never tested it. (in the process of - trying to - step over to acrylics). I'll give it a go on my next 109E.

Nothing in my 37 years of model building has gotten me to step over. There isn't a single aqueous acrylic that I trust, and can work with confidently. Tamiya comes close, but when their line is available in enamel, I don't even bother. Vallejo is crap,as is MM Acryl. Absolute. Garbage.

Nothing in my 37 years of model building has gotten me to step over. There isn't a single aqueous acrylic that I trust, and can work with confidently. Tamiya comes close, but when their line is available in enamel, I don't even bother. Vallejo is crap,as is MM Acryl. Absolute. Garbage.

Problem is I had to quit modelling when I was 20 because I was beginning to get quite serious allergic/respiratory reactions to solvents.

I thought I'd never be able to come back to it.

But now - with a good respirator on - it depends on how easily I can handle each paint and clean the airbrush (VERY disappointed with many Humbrol enamels. happy with the Alclad II ones but they're too pricey).

Usually it's enamels for the cockpit and undersurface and I use it as a primer for the upper ones on which I spray acrylics (Gunze fits the bill for airbrushing but why are most of their range semi-gloss paints???). Alclad grey primer helps with better results but it really stinks!

I sure will never be proficient enough to use acrylics for handbrushing, though.

Edited by PattheCat
  • Like 1