modelling minion

15 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks Andy, I think!

Despite my "flittering off" to different subjects I will return to Japan and to other helicopter projects.

I note that you haven't put a date on that :-)

When you come round with the laminator, i'll show you the walkarounds that will keep you very busy on Japanese subjects!

• Like 1

Great to see this finished . The picture looked good at the start and the final model is really worthy . An excellent job well done . 

Colin . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Knight_Flyer said:

Good job making it to the finish.  The work certainly has paid off, the Snow Cobra looks great B)

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it.

4 hours ago, Colin W said:

Great to see this finished . The picture looked good at the start and the final model is really worthy . An excellent job well done . 

Colin . 

Thanks Colin, I'm really glad you think she looks like the picture.

4 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Superb result, great to see this one in the gallery. So this will be at Telford? If so where?

Thanks Nigel, really pleased that you like her.

Yes she will be at Telford, I'm part of IPMS Mercia and we will be in Hall 2 block D apparently.

It would be great if you could pop along as I've got hold of some mesh which I think you might be able to make good use of,

Craig.

• Like 1

Superb result Craig, the finish and details are fantastic, the mesh grills really add an extra realism too, will have to try some soon! How did you make the exhaust cover? I get the tissue and glue method but when it is dry do you remove it and trim to shape? Or do you trim it as it is set in place (somehow without cutting into the plastic below), hopefully will be doing something similar on an F-16 in the future and that looks a textbook job.

• Like 1

Thanks David.

Really glad that you like the finished Cobra.

The tissue piece I used was bigger than the exhaust and simply wrapped around it whilst damp, as it was very thin you can't even see where it begins and ends, there is even another piece covering the end. With the tissue being very thin and damp it sort of blends and you cannot tell it is made of more than one piece. If you want to make it removable from the exhaust you have in mind try putting some cling film over the exhaust first, that way hopefully it will not stick to the exhaust itself.

• Like 1

I've just finished a Spitfire in the MTO GB and am most of the way through a Hurricane for it also. I have also just started a CR-42 and will start a Hellcat in the same GB (I have a strong interest in aircraft from the MTO for the variety of markings and schemes, and also the weathering possibilities).

I promise to start a jet soon, the F-16 STGB starts in January which I assume you will be joining;).

• Like 1