A brilliant looking B-24 Roman. All that effort on the painting really paid off. The metal finish looks superb. I have a question. The plate that covers the artwork of the young lady. Is it additional armour plate? I noticed it covers the pilots 'vitals' as well as the young lady's!

Yes, this is supposed to be an 'armour plate'.

I cut it from thin styrene sheet and worked it over with a riveter.

This part was actually 'printed' on the decal sheet, but of course would look one-dimensional, so the relevant part was cut out carefully and the plastic sheet glued on.

Unfortunately it does cover the Lady's artwork on the real thing, too ... sorry !

Ah, here's a picture of the original:

B-24J_Liberator_The_Shack_458_Bomb_Group

• Like 2

Hi Roman:

Without a doubt the job here is impressive!!!

Alsohave watched that you have used here a huge lot of aftermarket and really ended in a very expensive one, but anyway, if you are very happy with it, is good. The real hard job with this baby I think is in the paint work as you have to obtain a huge wonderful surface before get into the alclads and other things you have used, congratultions for that as the finish is great, a true best in show quality. The after the hard job reward is a great end product as you have obtained, really a higly comendable result after the great ammount of work involved here.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Absolutely fantastic B-24!!!

Congrats for persevering.

Did you add the rivets or are they on the kit?

Superb!

JR

Thanks for your feedback Jean - all the rivets are included on the kit's surface, no additional work here.

I did go over the side armour panels with a riveter, though, as these were simply cut from plastic sheet.