1/72 Eduard Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc

Hello,

here's Eduard's brand new 1/72 Spitfire IXc.

This ain't no 'shake-and-bake' kit as I discovered.

Just like with their 1/72 Fw-190, tolerances are about zero.

I had hard times getting the cockpit to fit (it seems as if I've placed it about one milimeter too far forward) and even more trouble with adding the wings.

This was, of course, all due to my own.

The next one will turn out smoother I hope ....

So here is MH712, flown by W/O Henryk Dygala, No. 302 Squadron, Summer / Autumn 1944.

It's one of the few Spitfire kits that has bombs under the wings.

Just had to add them.

The model was painted with Mr.Hobby acrylics.

Decals out of the box.

Photographs by Wolfgang Rabel of IGM Cars & Bikes.a_DSC0275_zpstqsbdeep.jpg

a_DSC0274_zps9not0zif.jpga_DSC0281_zpsjeilrsvr.jpga_DSC0282_zpsw6uh8mhy.jpga_DSC0283_zpssvz7kjtt.jpga_DSC0284_zps5a0vapyf.jpga_DSC0285_zpsymbywa4h.jpga_DSC0287_zpskqna2pp9.jpga_DSC0288_zpsqglkn6an.jpga_DSC0290_zpsowggt1tb.jpga_DSC0291_zpsitfqusky.jpga_DSC0292_zpsk8ta0tnn.jpga_DSC0293_zpsrhrvtakj.jpga_DSC0294_zpsahfridms.jpga_DSC0295_zpshzmo4g1i.jpga_DSC0296_zps9gdrwrvt.jpga_DSC0297_zpsnqmz8b2s.jpga_DSC0300_zpscrf6847f.jpga_DSC0301_zpsbhyk4pbj.jpga_DSC0302_zpskpwj3un5.jpga_DSC0305_zpslog55zsr.jpga_DSC0306_zpslqpohl7a.jpga_DSC0307_zpscyuamwpo.jpga_DSC0309_zpseujev9vm.jpg

Thanks for your interest.

Best wishes from Vienna, Austria

Roman

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 24

Despite the problems you've encountered, this one has turned out really well. I've just started one myself.

Really a very, very nice, clean and superb build!

Was surprised to hear of the Eduard kit being a tough build; what is the top-recommended Spitfire IX these days?

Depends on the scale. 1:32 Tamiya's wins hands down. For 1:48 and 1:72 I believe Eduard now hold the title of best Spitfire IX in these scales.

Regards,

Mark

Really a very, very nice, clean and superb build!

Was surprised to hear of the Eduard kit being a tough build; what is the top-recommended Spitfire IX these days?

Despite the problems you've encountered, this one has turned out really well. I've just started one myself.

Depends on the scale. 1:32 Tamiya's wins hands down. For 1:48 and 1:72 I believe Eduard now hold the title of best Spitfire IX in these scales.

Regards,

Mark

I reckon Eduard's offering is the best 1/72 Spitfire on the market in terms of detail.

However this kit has it's own little ways.

I believe the cockpit interior (side walls and floor) need to be sanded down to fit properly.

It seems I've glued the side walls a little bit too low, as they interfered with the wing section.

Lots of grinding was neccessary.

I will take a different approach on my next kit, not sticking to Eduard's instructions which tell you to sandwich the cockpit between the side walls before attaching it to the fuselage - this didn't work...

• Like 1

I reckon Eduard's offering is the best 1/72 Spitfire on the market in terms of detail.

However this kit has it's own little ways.

I believe the cockpit interior (side walls and floor) need to be sanded down to fit properly.

It seems I've glued the side walls a little bit too low, as they interfered with the wing section.

Lots of grinding was neccessary.

I will take a different approach on my next kit, not sticking to Eduard's instructions which tell you to sandwich the cockpit between the side walls before attaching it to the fuselage - this didn't work...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'll certainly bear this in mind when I build mine.