1/24th Willys Jeep

Ripaman

On 2/11/2017 at 2:11 AM, beefy66 said:

Richard like it a lot nice touch with the steel frame shaped into the rear part of the cover 

Beefy

Thanks alot Beefy, have it in the paint booth now.

On 2/11/2017 at 3:43 AM, stevej60 said:

Superb job on the tilt and framework Richard.

It has come out not to bad Steve thanks for looking.

Regards

Richard

On 2/14/2017 at 4:51 AM, PlaStix said:

Incredible work on the canopy. You seem to have really captured the feel of how one should look. Can't wait to see it under some paint! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, I think it has come out not to bad, here are a couple more pic's before paint

OgDc0J.jpg

PHgOUQ.jpg

jd0oCY.jpg

Now these are after paint but before weathering, still not sure the colour is right, have looked at a lot of pictures, some are like this others are darker/greener?? :hmmm:

schZaq.jpg

XKBgN8.jpg

pjXdu5.jpg

EiqXkN.jpg

SZcL0o.jpg

nkkC0d.jpg

I am very please how the shape has turned out

Regards

Richard

• Like 9

On 2/14/2017 at 8:34 PM, RichO said:

Beautiful work Richard, love the scratching!

Thanks Rich just a few items to do now and I can call this one done

On 2/15/2017 at 0:35 AM, longshanks said:

A very fitting cherry on the top of your masterpiece

Kev

Appreciate your comment Kev, it will be a first model I have finished in a long time  

On 2/15/2017 at 4:47 AM, FrancisGL said:

Very, very nice...looks so reeeeeallll! :popcorn:, cheers mate

Thanks alot Francis, my wife said the same thing when I showed her, usually she says you are :wacko: 

On 2/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, Bullbasket said:

Stunning job on the canopy. It was well worth doing the vacforming.

John.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you John It took me 5 attempts but you are right vac forming was the right way to go

On 2/15/2017 at 11:26 AM, Etienne said:

One word ... amazing !

I have the very same kit in my stash ... and am pretty sure that the result won't be on par with yours :huh:

E

You have to give it a try Etienne, then you could try some brass work :yes: would look forward to seeing it

8 hours ago, Okdoky said:

You have the look down to a T ! Will really be a masterpiece collection of vehicles when you put them together !

Nige

Thanks Nige will be back onto the Matador after this, what are you working on?

6 hours ago, Carius said:

TOP JOB indeed.

Cheers

Cheers Carius

Thanks again everyone for looking in.

Regards

Richard

Edited by Ripaman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard

Had a serious mojo block when I dropped the Bedford TM last year at Dundee ! Just got around to putting it back together again so I am about to get started on the KFS Bedford MK and hopefully scratchbuild an UBRE pod for the back of it !

I have a lot of info compiled and just have to get my bottom in gear again !

Loving your amazing attention to detail

Nigel

On 2/17/2017 at 3:26 AM, Ripaman said:

Thanks Nige will be back onto the Matador after this, what are you working on?

Cheers Carius

Thanks again everyone for looking in.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Well, what can I say....!!! Super work, looks just perfect to me. Loving the canvas bow clamps and the tiny chain on the bow brackets.

Glad the photos were of use. You've certainly done them justice! Can't wait to see how the hood clamps turn out...

• Like 1

On 2/16/2017 at 10:37 PM, Gremlin56 said:

A magnificent job Richard, could be photos of the real article instead of a model.

Thank you very much Julian, screwed up on the painting of the canopy, :sad: so out came the oven cleaner, removed what I had done now it is back getting primed again :smile:.

On 2/25/2017 at 1:25 PM, Okdoky said:

Hi Richard

Had a serious mojo block when I dropped the Bedford TM last year at Dundee ! Just got around to putting it back together again so I am about to get started on the KFS Bedford MK and hopefully scratchbuild an UBRE pod for the back of it !

I have a lot of info compiled and just have to get my bottom in gear again !

Loving your amazing attention to detail

Nigel

Holy S**t  I would probably have serious mojo block as well Nigel, glad you were able to put it back together again, man you spent alot of time on it.

So you are going to do a KFS Bedford, he does some great work hope to see a WIP

Thanks for your kind words on the Jeep hope to have it finished by the weekend.

On 2/26/2017 at 12:18 PM, keithjs said:

Well, what can I say....!!! Super work, looks just perfect to me. Loving the canvas bow clamps and the tiny chain on the bow brackets.

Glad the photos were of use. You've certainly done them justice! Can't wait to see how the hood clamps turn out...

Hi Keith, thanks very much again for taking all those pictures it sure did help, glad you like it, have tried to get as much detail into it as poss, could have done more but need to get on with the Matador, you say you cant wait until you see the hood clamps, I would like to see them to have had mental block on how to make them :headbang: , could you give me some dimension will be making them out of brass

Not much to show but have been doing a bit of detail under the hood

gCW1S7.jpg

mqQqc2.jpg

Then did some weathering to the Accumulator Trolley 

wzdKU9.jpg

Until next time

Regards

Richard

• Like 6

Hi Keith, thanks very much again for taking all those pictures it sure did help, glad you like it, have tried to get as much detail into it as poss, could have done more but need to get on with the Matador, you say you cant wait until you see the hood clamps, I would like to see them to have had mental block on how to make them :headbang: , could you give me some dimension will be making them out of brass

OK, leave it with me for a day or so.

• Like 1

Hi Richard,

As promised here's some photos of the hood clamps. Hope they'll be useful; As you can they are both pretty much the same.

IMG_9775.jpg

IMG_9777.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9803.jpg

IMG_9803.jpg

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9790.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9796.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9800.jpg

IMG_9801.jpg

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9781.jpg

Edited by keithjs
Text changed
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, longshanks said:

:thumbsup:

Kev

:like:

16 hours ago, keithjs said:

OK, leave it with me for a day or so.

Wow great pictures again Keith really appreciate you take your time to do this :thumbsup::thumbsup: 

16 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Also the detail of the engine looks superb, very cool ...:popcorn:

Cheers Richard :D

Thanks Francis, might be a bit over the top but what the heck had fun doing it :D

8 hours ago, PlaStix said:

The engine and the Accumulator both look really excellent. Nice detail work and weathering. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you kindly Stix, have not done much with weathering so learning form guys like you on this forum :clap2:

Now will go to the model room and see what I can come up with on hood clamps :hmmm:now that I have some dimensions

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Such wonderful work ... every time I check the updates I'm left with my jaw on the floor in a pool of dribble. Love the canopy and the method used to create it.  I was wondering if you was going to make on, and thought you may whip out some canvas and a miniature sewing machine and whisk one up ..... but this looks as good if not better :D 

Keep up the astonishing work :popcorn:

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1