The past was bright, the past was Orange! Really it was!

Superb work and finish as usual there John.

Wasn't XH132 in a pinkish colour at some time aswel, or has that been proved wrong?

Can't have been many trials aircraft that have worn quite so many schemes, white & black, dayglo orange, silver, full raspberry Ripple, and finally 'Nimrod' hemp & grey!

• Like 1

Superb work and finish as usual there John.

Wasn't XH132 in a pinkish colour at some time aswel, or has that been proved wrong?

Can't have been many trials aircraft that have worn quite so many schemes, white & black, dayglo orange, silver, full raspberry Ripple, and finally 'Nimrod' hemp & grey!

I think you are right James, she has worn the most, good old WT333 a close second with four. As for the "pink" I suspect that could be down to the origanel day-glow scheme being described as red (pink?) in fact that's the colour I used on my first model of her, it wasn't until I had a chance to talk to one of the eye witnesses of the first flight that I had it confirmed it was the more typical orange.

18.jpg

John

• Like 3

Thanks again all, I'm glad your liking her :)

HD To quote the SC.9's pilots notes " The Canberra S.C9, powered by two Avon Mk.206 engines, is a conversion of the PR.9 photographic reconnaissance aircraft installed with special radar equipment for high level guided weapon research" The nose on the SC.9 was fitted with the same radar as the Lightning, the two shapes on the top and bottom could be fitted with various, homing heads for weapons trials one of the trials was for Sky Flash.

John

[/quote

"Thanks,John - Appreciate that!!" All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks again all, I'm glad your liking her :)

HD To quote the SC.9's pilots notes " The Canberra S.C9, powered by two Avon Mk.206 engines, is a conversion of the PR.9 photographic reconnaissance aircraft installed with special radar equipment for high level guided weapon research" The nose on the SC.9 was fitted with the same radar as the Lightning, the two shapes on the top and bottom could be fitted with various, homing heads for weapons trials one of the trials was for Sky Flash.

John

[/quote

"Thanks,John - Appreciate that!!" All the very best,Paul.

Always happy to help Paul :)

John

• Like 1