Revell 1/72 HP Victor B1 XA917

Hello

Finally completed my B1 Victor since I started it in March with on and off sessions. Using a cheap Revell kit and the Flightpath converion. The tailcone and bomb bay are the B2 accessery parts of Ebay. I wanted to build a B1 a bit different to the rest. There was only 1 photo of how my model is represented so I didn't have a lot to go by. A lot of plastic surgery and filling and sanding together with plenty of nose weight to counter balance the resin intakes. Everything was done to the instructions and advise from here for the wings and undercarriage leg shortening. I added jet pipes to the resin inner wings, a sprue part the fairing on the port side of the rear fuselage and of the brass parts, I only added for the wheels.

Paint was rattle can Tamiya primer and Aluminium silver with added medium sea grey to the relative fuselage parts. Hardly any of the original kit decals were used, 26decal Valiant and Victor decals were used but had to use the "A" from a Royal Navy set for the under wing. Together with a coat of Klear, I thought it turned out well for my biggest conversion I've done.

Dave

q4TCw6.jpg

nJmZmW.jpg

Ud36A4.jpg

6lJrrd.jpg

5NYiUA.jpg

Nq2X01.jpg

N3j4yl.jpg

1b4HJr.jpg

6Ekw7G.jpg

Edited by wavodavo
  • Like 40

An absolute beauty. A terrific conversion and, like others have said, a real treat to see one in silver. Great work on blending in the canopy too. Something I struggled with on this kit.

The Victor looks so ahead of its time in a retro sort of way, if you know what I mean. Sort of how SF artists and futurists thought the future would look. Even more so in silver.