LVG C.VI 1/72 KP- Kovozavody Prostejov

Peter AZmodel/Admiral

Dear friends,

Small info about our novelty of the Great War.

Edition models of the First World War aircraft begin LVG.C VI.

The new model of metal molds, will go on sale in late September.

More info in the link.

http://modelweb.modelforum.cz/2016/08/12/co-se-chysta-u-kp-2/

http://www.kovozavody.cz/

Edited by Peter AZmodel/Admiral
  • Like 7

Excellent news. Must be one of the most versatile WWI types when it comes to marking options. I suppose I better get my Pegasus kit on ebay before its value crashes!

(By the way, mine will be a postwar civil bird without the flared gunners position.)

decal_lvg-inst-lg.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Little update on our new LVG C. VI - camouflages

Box 1 contains one Czechoslovak and one Soviet aircraft -

kamo-LVG-%C4%8CECH-RUS.jpg

Second box is dedicated to the Lithuanian AF and contains two its aircraft -

kamo-LVG-LITVA.jpg

And Great War classic - German AF boxing -

kamo-LVG-NEMEC.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Good news. I think it is the first WWI injected 1/72 two-seater after several decades. What was the previous one? Toko 1 1/2 Strutter in '90s?

Yes, there are nice HR Nieuports 10 and Phoenix C, but these are very hard to obtain.

You are right! I'm so much fixed on the idea of the BE2c as a single seat anti-Zeppelin fighter that I've forgotten it was in fact two-seater!
 Also there was a Brisfit from Roden, but it is another fighter.

• 3 months later...

We had some technical probs with moulds, causing the delay of the kit, which we hope to show in Nuremberg and simultaneously put into distribution. Hannants are the first on the list to be stocked.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7. 3. 2017 at 9:47 PM, Killingholme said:

Well the underside certainly is...

176-1.jpg

not only undersides. We have some photos from personal collection of Aleksey Khnykin in our company archive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jan Polc said:

not only undersides. We have some photos from personal collection of Aleksey Khnykin in our company archive.

Jan, I know you and your colleagues work very hard to make sure your markings are accurately researched. I only found this one photo in the public domain, hence my joke post. I hope my model has more luck than the pictured prototype...

Can you tell us anything else about the soviet scheme? Were they fully repainted in Soviet colours?

I am really excited by this release by KP!

Will

Edited by Killingholme

As I can domment this - the example we have included in the box was probably overpainted in Green colour. Quality of the photographs is very pure. But it looks like it was overpainted. And, thanks to the fact also Ansaldo SVA 5 and some Nieuports got this scheme, we considered to do it like we have in the box. Marking is visible on the pictures, so I can say it was reconstructed properly. Unfortunately we have no permission to publish the photos, so.... 

We are working on more schemes of this nice little gem and we hope we will release it later this year. And, as we got a lot of orders for LVG, we are very close to work on another subject from the Great War. Any personal tips genelemen?

6 hours ago, Jan Polc said:

As I can domment this - the example we have included in the box was probably overpainted in Green colour. Quality of the photographs is very pure. But it looks like it was overpainted. And, thanks to the fact also Ansaldo SVA 5 and some Nieuports got this scheme, we considered to do it like we have in the box. Marking is visible on the pictures, so I can say it was reconstructed properly. Unfortunately we have no permission to publish the photos, so.... 

We are working on more schemes of this nice little gem and we hope we will release it later this year. And, as we got a lot of orders for LVG, we are very close to work on another subject from the Great War. Any personal tips genelemen?

Salmson 2A2, an updated Roland C II would also be very nice, and of course, an updated DH 4!

Later,

Dave