Boeing 737-800 TUIfly HaribAIR

Hello everyone

My first plane submission here on this forum.

This must be the sixth 737 I've built and I'll be happy to never see another one for another six years, unless the livery is ace.

Bought this when it came out and has sat in the stash for a few years. Made a good start with it but then made some daft mistakes such as the wing decals the wrong way around; more remarkable I then managed to get the wing wheel struts on the wrong side - never done that before. Some issues with the gold paint late on and one or two of the decals were either too small or broke requiring some additional paintwork.

That said I'm happy with how it has turned out; hope the pictures do it justice.

737_HaribAir4.jpg

737_HaribAir3.jpg

737_HaribAir1.jpg

• Like 17

Thanks for the feedback.

Alex1978:

I also built the GoldbAIR scheme a few years back and didn't feel like it worked out very well either.

Graeme H:

The engines followed my usual method of steel coloured blades and internal structure. I was so eager to get started on them and used a different yellow paint, rather than wait to make a trip to the model shop for the correct yellow paint. Also quite happy with the Humbrol gloss for varnish across the plane in general. Finally a pencil was run across the pylon panel lines for weathering.

• 3 weeks later...