P2V-3 Neptune - A Forgotten Warrior Build Complete

As promised over in the IP section a couple of weeks ago, here are some photos of my finished P2V-3 Neptune. My thanks to all who offered useful information and encouragement during the build.

I hope you enjoy looking at this unique model, as much as I enjoyed building her, warts and all!

_IGP9200-vi.jpg

_IGP9204-vi.jpg

_IGP9207-vi.jpg

_IGP9210-vi.jpg

_IGP9211-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Ed

• Like 22

Ed, a long but rewarding build on the Neptune. I have managed to acquire three for future projects, one being a sea blue and red RCAF P2V-7 I once saw modelled in the Comox Museum during a 2013 trip to Canada. I once had the Falcon conversion although it now seems to have gone missing, I thought the earlier -3 would be a fairly easy build but your excellent WIP has shown how wrong I was. Your efforts have gone a long to keep alive the memory of a now lost Neptune that sadly shared the fate of numerous large "Museum" aircraft.

Well Done, Trev.

Hi all, thanks for the kind words. In some ways, I hate to see it done, but in other ways, I'm glad to be rid of it! Guess that's how some moms feel after delivering their babies...?

In any event for those who might stray across this subject for the first time, I forgot to include a link to the build thread... before it fades into the dustbin of history.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994346-lockheed-p2v-3-neptune-a-forgotten-warrior/

Ed