Diorama - Rally Sulamericano Erechim 2015 - Brasil

The Skoda is stunning, the groundwork is top-notch, the composition is great, but while the dust cloud is okay, I don't think it's up to the standard of the rest of the dio. It doesn't have the same realism. Having said that, I can't think of any other material that would be better. Personally though, I'd remove the cotton wool. PS, if you have access to a colour printer/photocopier, you'll find them very handy for printing out flags/posters/banners etc.

Great work and nice to see a dio from the 'sporty side'.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 3

I think the dust is amazing. On that sort of ground it does appear "solid" so I cant think of anyway you could make it better. Its also amazing as the cars pass how the dust dissipates quickly as if the car is carrying around its own personal storm cloud and that is captured perfectly. A couple of people on here have the incredible skill of making a dead piece of plastic move and this is one of them.

• Like 1

I like it.

The road and banks look pretty near perfect. I love the layering in the dirt on the bank.

I can't think of any other way to do the dust cloud except digitally, looks almost right.

The flags look pretty good too but the fabric make 'em look like they are made of blankets.

Very very nice! Impressively so. :goodjob:

Edited by Tzulscha
  • Like 1

The Skoda is stunning, the groundwork is top-notch, the composition is great, but while the dust cloud is okay, I don't think it's up to the standard of the rest of the dio. It doesn't have the same realism. Having said that, I can't think of any other material that would be better. Personally though, I'd remove the cotton wool. PS, if you have access to a colour printer/photocopier, you'll find them very handy for printing out flags/posters/banners etc.

Great work and nice to see a dio from the 'sporty side'.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks for the comment Badder. I really apreciate that. But i don't agree with the issue of dust, but I respect your opinion. In the matter of banners and flags, I wanted them to stay that way, because I believe that printing them would not have the same realism. The white banner was the same as used in the real rally, is made at home by rally fans.

• Like 1

BRILLIANT - it really captures the movement and atmosphere. I like the flags and banners too as they give the effect of banners made at home that so many rally fans bring. Thank you for showing.

Thanks Jeepboy, That's what I wanted, that atmosphere!

Excellent! That dust cloud looks really good, and the banner is perfect. Will you be adding any spectators along with the crew?

Thanks Bhouse! Yes i will add some spectators and crew.. i need to find and buy they!

I think the dust is amazing. On that sort of ground it does appear "solid" so I cant think of anyway you could make it better. Its also amazing as the cars pass how the dust dissipates quickly as if the car is carrying around its own personal storm cloud and that is captured perfectly. A couple of people on here have the incredible skill of making a dead piece of plastic move and this is one of them.

Thanks BristolBlue!! Glad to see that actually achieving the goal of showing that atsmofera.. a rally day!

Very realistic, best I have seen!! Each photo gives a sense of motion. :goodjob:

Thanks!!!

I like it.

The road and banks look pretty near perfect. I love the layering in the dirt on the bank.

I can't think of any other way to do the dust cloud except digitally, looks almost right.

The flags look pretty good too but the fabric make 'em look like they are made of blankets.

Very very nice! Impressively so. :goodjob:

Thanks!!

is the only away i find to did the flags, if i print i think would not be real.. In the next i try do better.

• Like 1

Thanks BristolBlue!! Glad to see that actually achieving the goal of showing that atsmofera.. a rally day!

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!

is the only away i find to did the flags, if i print i think would not be real.. In the next i try do better.

Everyone agrees that you dio is fantastic. We're just being hyper-critical and picking out the odd thing that could be better.... We all learn through practice, taking advice and trying new/alternative methods.

I know what you are saying about the flags: wanting them to look 'homemade' from 'blankets'. I assure you that printed flags can be made to look homemade, and more realistic as well. Search images of the flag you require. There may even be some 'raggedy old flags' that will do nicely, but if not a 'new' flag can be made to look old. Two flags on paper, glued back to back, then given a dirty-ish wash. Whilst wet, you can crumple/crease and bend the flag and into shape and then put it aside to dry an set. For the scale you are using, double thickness paper will be adequate for thick bedsheets, rather than blankets.

Having said all that, I think your flags are okay. Maybe something to think about in future though?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

I really like this! The 'dust cloud' had me agog for a moment, wondering how you did that!

When you do find the crew and spectators don't forget the annoying photographer who stands on the road and dashes out of the way at the very last moment.

DennisTheBear

• Like 1

Everyone agrees that you dio is fantastic. We're just being hyper-critical and picking out the odd thing that could be better.... We all learn through practice, taking advice and trying new/alternative methods.

I know what you are saying about the flags: wanting them to look 'homemade' from 'blankets'. I assure you that printed flags can be made to look homemade, and more realistic as well. Search images of the flag you require. There may even be some 'raggedy old flags' that will do nicely, but if not a 'new' flag can be made to look old. Two flags on paper, glued back to back, then given a dirty-ish wash. Whilst wet, you can crumple/crease and bend the flag and into shape and then put it aside to dry an set. For the scale you are using, double thickness paper will be adequate for thick bedsheets, rather than blankets.

Having said all that, I think your flags are okay. Maybe something to think about in future though?

Rearguards,

Badder

thanks Badder!!!

a like the idea ofthe flags, i will try this in the next diorama.

Thank you for the tips. I Really apreciate that.

:thumbsup::winkgrin::winkgrin:

Edited by dodouglas
  • Like 1