Hi Graham. Yes, it does seem confusing. The main issue is definitely the lack of colour photos/illustrations. Me thinks if I don't get a reply from the letter I sent Westair, then it's 'Goodnight Vienna' for this project. Do you ever get the feeling of starting something you shouldn't have?

Thank you 'emira'. Brilliant! I think with the photo's and information you have provided to me, and along with 'T-21's contribution, I have a great chance of achieving the model of the Westair DH-89 that I wanted. Plenty of help from everyone else. I'm a bit disappointed (actually a lot!) with Westair. Two emails and a letter and not even an acknowledgement. I know they are on Facebook, but I will not contact them again. Pretty disgusted really, but we seem to find this with a lot of web pages. They only seem to respond when we are 'shelling out' money to them or lavishing praise on them in their feedbacks. Not so with this web page though!. Many thanks to all who have contributed (so far!)

Best Regards

Weeman

Just noticed that 'DVJ' and 'CZP' are DH-86's (not DH-89's), but thanks anyway. And thanks for the 'short lived' colour photo!

Edited by weemanreturns

Hi 'bzn20'. You wouldn't believe it but after waiting for a response from Westair, I received an email just now. Hallelujah! The guy said he has passed my email onto someone called Jonathan. Unfortunately, he is on holiday at the mo, but will research the family archives for me when he returns. So I don't think there is much point me phoning them, otherwise the guy would have been able to give me the information in the email. Many thanks for your response and info.

Best Regards

Weeman

Still no word from 'Westair'. 9 days lapsed now so not hopeful!

Edited by weemanreturns
  • Like 1

TTFN is short for 'ta ta for now' and was first used in the radio series ITMA (Its that man again), one of Private
Pike's favourite programmes. It was first broadcast in 1940 on the BBC Radio Light programme I believe..