1/48 Eduard Fw190 A-8/R-2 "Yellow 8"

I finished this up in the fall of 2013 and have recently updated the photos to reflect the recently acquired knowlege of how to operate my camera. This is also one build before my Tamiya Fw190 D-9 so I was still learning how to take care of seams at this point in my model building. Aside from that I'll have to say that despite the severe warpage issues I had with the wings and fuselage, this Eduard kit was a joy to build. I've heard that the Eduard Fw190 line up is difficult and finicky to build but a few precautions and a little research on the web prior to building will help the builder avoid any unforeseen trouble.

Depicted here is "Yellow 8" of II JG 4 in September of 1944. It was piloted by Friedrich-Karl Frank and was shot down 11 Sept 1944 in a fierce air battle over the Ore Mountains. Frank managed to bail out and the plane became a "lawn dart". Pieces of the plane were dug out of the ground fairly recently and some managed to find their way into the Royal Class Fw190 A-8/ R2 kit from Eduard which is what this kit is.

EduardFw190A8R2--Yellow8002_zps7e22d36a.

EduardFw190A8R2--Yellow8003_zps50ecc6a8.

EduardFw190A8R2--Yellow8005_zpscfffeb4e.

EduardFw190A8R2--Yellow8001_zps6eb16035.

EduardFw190A8R2--Yellow8004_zps2c01c912.

• Like 38

• 4 years later...
11 hours ago, mick said:

great work

Thanks Mick!! 

10 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Man, that is a great looking 190 and the photography is simply superb Joe. :clap2:  I really like the detail of the opened panels, it makes the model much more dynamic imho.   Thanks for bumping this one back to the top! 🍺

'preciate the comments on both counts Gary.

I also thank everyone for the "likes" as well!! 

Edited by mustang1989
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Giampiero Piva said:

Very nice ! Congrats.

Thanks GP!! 

13 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Lovely lived-in model. I like that a lot.

Really appreciate your encouraging comments as well Bertie!!