Beau sperry autopilot

tipper

IIRC Hasegawa did a Beaufighter 21 with the Sperry fairing, but I don't know of any aftermarket so far. That may change now that Airfix's Beau is out. There was also one on the old Frog kit, but it was a bit misshapen.

I have the 'regular' Mk VI and I want to build the Australian 21. Aside from said sperry autopilot, are there any other external differences? Sure hope one of the aftermarket guys come out with one! And it's not too difficult to or fits the Hase kit w/o modifications...

My 2p's (AUD 20 cents) worth... I reckon the Frog offering is way out of shape and would not be worth the effort to cut up. The Milliput option would result in a far better shape, even though I personally would not tackle it myself.

I was of the understanding that Chris from Hi-Planes Model Hobbies (HPM) was going to come out with a Mk. XXI conversion that included both Sperry AP and rear blister canopy - which are different to British Beau's. I'll need to dig up some old emails, however I'm pretty sure that this was on the cards. Hopefully if Chris is a member of this forum, he may continue this line of questioning.

Cheers .. Dave.

Edited by Rabbit Leader

Might be useful if you go the milliput route.

_4023109_zps2a6ec260.jpg

Shows beautifuly the leading edge fairing over the inconel exhaust.

The exhaust colour is completely unlike the bronze which is often referred to in kit instructions.

Grant

• Like 2