Spot of the day!

We had dinner with my in-laws last night and they live in a part of town that's great for car spotting. Within 3 blocks, we spotted a 430 Spyder, R8 cabrio and a Bentley GT. I then pointed out a 918 Spyder to my wife who couldn't believe how much it was worth.  I figure most of these are here because the Toronto Film Fest is on.

The best though had to the be the pristine early '80s Chrysler Reliant convertible. They pretty much don't exist anymore nevermind in such great shape.

Carl

Trevor, It's not that pretty either.

I was coming home through Lincoln on Wednesday evening, Up Broadgate towards the Cathedral.

Stopped at the lights alongside a K reg TR6 in dark blue, top down, gent in his 50's? driving.

Green light, we accelerated away, uphill, two lanes into one so I pulled in behind, easily keeping up,

strong smell of an over rich mixture from the TR. Now, nice to see as it was, I was in my '05 1.8 Mondeo LX.

And I got to thinking, So he has a drop top, two doors, those Karrman looks, six cylinders and it's worth ten

itimes what my car is. But, I have air con, cruise control, air bags, crumple zones, electric windows, 38mpg,

mp3, heated screens front and rear, lights on warning, I can carry a small wardrobe should the fancy take me,

and I can park my car virtually anywhere with no worries, etc etc. I saw a huge new red Ferrari on Thursday,

it did nothing at all for me. I like old cars, some I love, I could afford a TR6,  but I think I'll stick with the Ford for now.

• Like 3

I had a day out to a steam rally today. In travelling I saw 2 different 3 litre Bentleys, one doing a wedding. A Model T 4 door sedan, Riley Elf, an F model Vauxhall Victor. At the rally, An E model Vauxhall Velox, Humber SuperSnipe Estate. 2 Stags, a TR4A, a Jag 420G left hooker, A Mach1 Mustang, and a Series 1 Morris Oxford. Not seen one of those in close on 60 years. MO's and Series 2s are relatively common. There was more, but I class them as regulars

• Like 3

On the A631 North of Lincoln,

Morris Marina Coupe in mustard yellow.

I regularly see a Morris Ital in South Lincoln.

Neither of them 'classics' as such, but rare nowadays,

as is the Sierra I've seen parked up in South Lincoln.

On 20/09/2016 at 0:15 PM, Spookytooth said:

Seen in Southsea today.

OLD%20FORD%202_zpsgghcoviv.jpg

Simon

PS Can anyone put a year to it.

Definitely older than I and most of us I think?

1929 according to Swansea.

Vehicle details

• Vehicle make FORD
  • Date of first registration 31 December 1929
  • Year of manufacture 1929
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 1400cc
  • Like 2